Red Forest aka "Roundtime Forest" 06/20/2021 06:21 AM CDT

Let me just say how incredibly annoying and frustrating it is to have to sit there and watch your character over and over and over and over over over again and again be put into RT. You die. You sit there helpless watching your character go up and up and in RT and then your character dies. There is nothing fun about sitting there while all your spells, all the time you took to set up to play this game with a hunt becomes this tedious mess to rescue, raise, wait, redo the deed-- because you are put in impossible levels of RT. So far, all three areas for me are a problem this way. It's totally overpowered with RT stuff. I mean--- this is obviously just a game testing phenomenon. It just needs to be toned down. This sprite just blew dust on my character every 3 seconds about 10 times and each one was a 5 sec RT on top of all the other stuff. Then it's a swarm. If there's no chance and you just get battered, it just sucks.

Dragons r Real
Re: Red Forest aka "Roundtime Forest" 06/20/2021 07:00 AM CDT
Red Forest was def not meant for solo hunting. I never tried it in a group, so your mileage may vary there.... but after attempting it with both my sorcerer and rogue (both of whom are well versed at tackling tough hunting grounds), I just nopped right out of there and never looked back.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Red Forest aka "Roundtime Forest" 06/20/2021 03:35 PM CDT
And for the inverse side of that coin:
As a Bard who consistently ran Song of Tonis/1035 with -3s to my RT... it was barely a blip on my radar.

That's the only character that I've gotten to a level where I would really want to be monkeying around in there--and he went straight to "the last area", for the Treekin--so I cannot speak to any other professions.
Re: Red Forest aka "Roundtime Forest" 06/20/2021 10:38 PM CDT
Not really a fan of that hunting area myself. Maybe try going with other people and see if that makes a difference?

Personally, I tend to hunt solo, so that might be a precursor to my aversion to the area.

In any case, good luck.
Re: Red Forest aka "Roundtime Forest" 06/22/2021 10:11 PM CDT
>Red Forest was def not meant for solo hunting. I never tried it in a group, so your mileage may vary there.... but after attempting it with both my sorcerer and rogue (both of whom are well versed at tackling tough hunting grounds), I just nopped right out of there and never looked back.

I'm not sure what part of the red forest you hunted, but I did well with my sorcerer against vipers and boars. Though, wearing robes if I got caught with a boar charge and the endroll was 103 or higher, any hit to a spot on the head was instant death (one of the absolute dumbest things about SMR abilities from creatures....tiniest endroll spells end of hunts).

Those flying vipers I'd just hit them with 703 and 709 would keep the boars down. With the vipers unable to cast they were pretty easy to kill....and now as I look up spell 703 on the gswiki, I just learned you can do an open cast version of the spell with at least 20 of a single, or 25 combined (15 of one, 10 of another) Mana Control ranks. That would have made things simpler with multiple vipers flying around.

Only other spot I hunted in there was the treekin with my wizard. I never did the pixies area or direwolf area.
Re: Red Forest aka "Roundtime Forest" 06/23/2021 04:32 AM CDT
<I'm not sure what part of the red forest you hunted,>

Sprites and treekin... Minotaurs and the Rift were much preferable....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Red Forest aka "Roundtime Forest" 06/25/2021 03:42 PM CDT
I get why many people dislike it, but wanted to say for my part, I am glad that some areas like that exist. Variety is good. There is (hopefully) something for everyone out there.

I hunted all areas of the Red Forest as part of normal bounty rotation with my OHB Paladin, solo, and self-spelled. I had to adjust tactics to play more conservatively, especially in the direbear area, where the RT-locks can escalate quickly. Basically had to treat it as "nothing acts except me", including occasionally backing out of swarms if I was about to lose control, and there were certainly more deaths than usual. But I really enjoyed the area.