Can't find the Constable 05/24/2021 10:35 AM CDT
So, there is a lot wrong with the justice system as it currently is, but I won't get into that, other than to say it's really silly that you go to jail for setting off a trap in an empty room, or anytime noone else is hurt.

The thing that really needs to be fixed is that there is no way to turn yourself in. You just have to find the Constable and let him "catch" you. I lost all my stuff once a long time ago when I lost my connection and the constable grabbed my body, so I don't like being wanted. I usually strip down and go looking for him to get it over with. Sometimes (most of the time?) you can find him, but other times, he is just nowhere to be found. Last night I spent an hour wandering around. I swear I went everywhere, even all the neighborhoods and the shopping areas, and no constable. This morning I repeated the exercise for another hour. Still no luck. It's extremely frustrating. This is the second time in recent memory that I spent multiple hours just looking for someone to arrest me.

I'm sure an overhaul of the justice system is well down the list of things to do, but in the meantime can we please get a static NPC who will stay in the Constable's office and just does the things the constable does? Meaning arrest you and take reports? It doesn't even make sense that there wouldn't be someone on duty in the Constable's office. I mean people need to be able to report crimes and seek help, right?

It just adds insult to injury when you blow yourself up and then have to go hunting for someone to take you jail.

Thank you.
Re: Can't find the Constable 05/24/2021 11:51 AM CDT
The "empty room" still has generic townsfolk in it, even if there are no exceptional persons (other PCs) around to be injured; that's why the charge is endangering public safety.
(I understand that the Bathhouse is frequently charged with endangering pubic safety, but that's between them & their resident healers.)

However, having had an outstanding issue or two with the Constable in my own shady history, I agree that "a fixed spot to which one can surrender voluntarily" would be good, be it the Constabulary building itself, the clerk at the courtroom, whatever.
Re: Can't find the Constable 05/24/2021 01:34 PM CDT
>> I usually strip down and go looking for him to get it over with. Sometimes (most of the time?) you can find him, but other times, he is just nowhere to be found. Last night I spent an hour wandering around.

I don't know, I kind of enjoy that my crime spree should end with me running through the streets naked and raving for the law to come and get me.
Re: Can't find the Constable 05/24/2021 03:31 PM CDT
This should help a bit...

[Wehnimer's, Constabulary - 8686]
The front room of the local constabulary contains the desk of the town constable. The oaken floor is scuffed by countless feet dragged across it, obviously most reluctantly. Behind the desk is a weapon rack. A strong, ironbound door with a narrow, barred grate leads east.
Obvious exits: out

>inquire

You inquire as to the town constable's whereabouts, and a clerk responds, "Ah, I believe it's currently in Wehnimer's Museum. The Alcove area, specifically."
Re: Can't find the Constable 05/24/2021 03:37 PM CDT
>>, "Ah, I believe it's currently in Wehnimer's Museum

"It's". . . no way.

Doug
Re: Can't find the Constable 05/24/2021 03:49 PM CDT
"currently in Wehnimer's Museum. The Alcove area, specifically."" -- Arianiss

WHAT?!?! Why no Lich room #!?!? This will severely hamper the ability to ;go2 the Constable!

I would flounce off in a huff, but "dwarf in armor" doesn't really carry that off too well. <cough>
Re: Can't find the Constable 05/24/2021 05:05 PM CDT
Wow, I had no idea that was a thing. That does indeed help a great deal. Thank you!
Re: Can't find the Constable 05/24/2021 05:54 PM CDT
You're welcome! :)