Pawnshops 04/28/2021 10:42 AM CDT
So a few of us have noticed lower prices at the pawnshop in Kraken Falls than FWI. We've seen varied prices among different characters for the same item as well. I found one brooch item that was higher price at the pawnshop in KF than FWI.

So far, it seems we're told "The pawnshop in KF/FWI is working as intended. Took me a while to figure out what was going on. It has nothing to do with trading, influence, race or citizenship."

If this is a supply/demand thing that is classified information, so be it. But it seems off. The amount of junk sold at the pawnshop in KF based off critter loot, makes me think nicer items would get better prices. I don't see people coming to KF to sell things in mass as with FWI either.

Would be nice to have some answers of what it is the issue rather than what is not.

Because it's a pirate island, are smaller, valuables better than heavier due to cargo space on ships? I guess trade is more limited at KF than FWI or Teras?

Just some quick/brief testing with DE sorcerer, FWI citizen, 14 INF bonus, 144 trading bonus.

Glistening Mossbark Runestaff (int enhancive)
FWI - 73,529
KF - 69,444
Teras - 63,768
WL - 78,804
Cys - 77,614

Elegant ora armband (wis/nec/con enhancive)
FWI - 50,714
KF - 53,697
Teras - 43,982
WL - 48,470
Cys - 50,714

Delicate Mithril Neckchain (1750 imbed)
FWI - 7,203
KF - 7,627
Teras - 6,246
WL - 6,884
Cys - 7,203
Re: Pawnshops 04/28/2021 10:50 AM CDT
Thanks for sharing these data points. I agree with Deso, it would be very helpful to know what the missing variable IS (are?) here, since we clearly aren't able to figure out the missing factors that would cause pawnshops to yield such disparate pricing.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: Pawnshops 04/28/2021 11:19 AM CDT
I understand why it would matter for that neckchain.... but what does it matter for the other two items since yer not getting more then 35k anyway?

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Pawnshops 04/28/2021 11:23 AM CDT
a blue crystal (from box)
FWI - 288
KF - 305
Teras - 249
WL - 275
Cys - 288

a blue-swirled mithril lockpick (from FWI shop)
FWI - 2034
KF - 2034
Teras - 1764
WL - 1846
Cys - 1830
Re: Pawnshops 04/28/2021 11:28 AM CDT
I feel it matters because we're told KF was neutral, but if there's a supply/demand factor based on island/mainland or item weight/type, then I think we deserve to know. I'd like to be an informed consumer.
Re: Pawnshops 04/28/2021 11:32 AM CDT
> I feel it matters because we're told KF was neutral, but if there's a supply/demand factor based on island/mainland or item weight/type, then I think we deserve to know. I'd like to be an informed consumer.

I was cleared to give out this information. There is a supply/demand mechanic in place that reduces value based on the number of items of a specific type sold at that pawnshop.
Re: Pawnshops 04/28/2021 11:40 AM CDT
Thank you, Naijin, and the authorizer. This is fine and acceptable. It adds more interest to the game for me, personally.
Re: Pawnshops 04/28/2021 03:04 PM CDT
Ditto. And thank you again Naijin (plus whomever authorized you to explain to us what was up)! I greatly appreciate the new age of transparency we've moved into.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."