August GALDapalooza 07/27/2022 01:21 PM CDT
Can this please be done using account tracking spinners for at least the first hour?
Re: August GALDapalooza 07/27/2022 06:48 PM CDT
I typically don't do any sort of limitations, especially since we typically get through 60-80 people. I'm not even sure if I can switch up the setting midway through without messing something up, and the last thing I want to do is mess something up with how crazy these sessions already are. However, I'll consider it, and I'll talk to my compatriots.

I definitely understand the frustration of seeing someone win with more than one character on the same account, but again, we get through so many people....

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: August GALDapalooza 07/27/2022 10:18 PM CDT
Last GALDapalooza...

1st Spin of 20: 139 people (counting myself and merchants)

2nd Spin: 148

3rd Spin: 133

4th Spin of 10: 126

70 people worked for and the room count only went down by 13.

Now.. yes.. people stay.. people show up late.. I get it.

Just tossing out numbers and thoughts.
Re: August GALDapalooza 07/28/2022 11:12 AM CDT
So, for July's, we spun 72 people (not including the 2 merchants I spun, lol). There were 70 unique accounts, so 2 people won on two characters on the same account. While that's not ideal, it's also a small fraction of the total number of work being done in these sessions.

Now, that does not negate your point that it means others may be bringing alts on the same account in, not getting spun, and still making the odds for a unique account to get work done more difficult. So I have heard you. I promise.

As mentioned before, I'll check with the others who tend to do this event with me to see what their thoughts are. Obviously, there is always room to change things up, and it doesn't seem like a stretch to block multiple characters on the same account during a session.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: August GALDapalooza 07/28/2022 01:00 PM CDT
I really appreciate you sharing that information Xynwen :) I know that you didn't have to.

Also, I hope that I'm showing that my focus is not "wahhh, I didn't get picked!" and more "how can this be made fairer for everyone."

72 people spun.. 70 unique accounts. That's pretty ideal to me :D

Also also, thank you all again for the work you put in on this. I'd rather have you all do it as is than not do it at all so I'm definitely appreciative.
Re: August GALDapalooza 07/28/2022 05:15 PM CDT
>>I really appreciate you sharing that information Xynwen :) I know that you didn't have to.

You better appreciate it! I had to look every winner up by hand and put it in a spreadsheet to check!

And I do know a driving force is making things as fair as possible. I think overall, it's relatively fair, but sometimes limiting by account is probably fine too!

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: August GALDapalooza 07/28/2022 08:06 PM CDT
"You better appreciate it! I had to look every winner up by hand and put it in a spreadsheet to check!" -- Xynwen

:sweat emoji:

Well, I surely am thankful and if you ever need my help with anything.. wiki page.. mechanics testing.. burying a dead body.. I'm there :)
Re: August GALDapalooza 07/30/2022 03:03 AM CDT
<You better appreciate it! I had to look every winner up by hand and put it in a spreadsheet to check!>

We need to teach you how to grep your logs....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: August GALDapalooza 07/30/2022 06:48 AM CDT
HEY, now, this-here's still a family game....