Premium Auction 04/30/2022 11:00 PM CDT
Hi all,

On July 30th, we will be holding a silvers-only Premium Auction. The exact time will be announced a little closer to the event itself, but it will be in the evening hours. This Auction will feature mechanical items, fluff items, and customizations/services.

One very important note: This is intended as a Premium Perk. To that end, players will be required to have maintained a paid Premium Subscription (trial/promo accounts will not count) for 80 continuous days leading up to the event itself. This means that the streak must begin May 7th, and be continuous through to the Auction. If your account is not currently Premium, or you are on a trial or promo account, you have until May 7th to change over to a paid Premium account, if you would like to access the Auction.

Further notes:

* Though this is a silvers-only Auction, there will be chances for attendees to win some of the lesser items/services for auction. These opportunities might take many forms, so be prepared.

* There will be no mass RPA awarded at this event.

* Some of the services that will be for Auction will be Delayed Services. This will be made clear before bidding begins for the one of these services, so that people can decide if they still wish to bid.

* This is not intended to be a one-time event, but neither will we be providing a firm schedule for any subsequent Premium Auctions. We want to see how this goes before committing to anything.

* There will be no further teasers provided.

* Many, many thanks to GMs Wyrom, Estild, Mazreth, Zoelle, and Jainna for their help getting this put together!

~ASGM Quilic
Four Winds Isle/Mist Harbor Storyteller
Re: Premium Auction 05/01/2022 05:36 AM CDT
Are bank runners available?
Is there a limit of 1-per-character? Per-account?
Re: Premium Auction 05/01/2022 10:51 AM CDT

This going to happen in plat?
Re: Premium Auction 05/01/2022 01:14 PM CDT
Hi all,

The Premium Auction will be held starting at 9pm EST on Saturday, July 30th, in both Prime and Platinum. The doors will open 15 minutes beforehand, and plenty of notice will be given in the weeks leading up to the event, letting people know where to be.

It's very important to note that while Prime and Platinum are running concurrently, and there will absolutely be some overlap, there is no guarantee that methodologies, services, sequencing, or even auction items themselves will be present in both instances. Which is to say, just because you see "it" in one instance, don't assume "it" will show up in the other one.

To respond to a couple of questions I have seen so far:
- Players will have to have notes or silvers on their person in order to bid.
- There are no limits to the number of items a character or account may win.

Thanks!

~ASGM Quilic
Four Winds Isle/Mist Harbor Storyteller
Re: Premium Auction 05/01/2022 01:29 PM CDT
Someone In Plat — Today at a particular time PM
dumb question, does it have to be actual silvers?

Someone Else In Plat — Today at a particular time PM
you mean can you use a note?

Someone In Plat — Today at a particular time PM
Yeah.
Re: Premium Auction 05/01/2022 06:32 PM CDT

<< There are no limits to the number of items a character or account may win. >>

That is an interesting departure from the traditional GS auction rules. The other question that normally comes up is whether or not passing silvers is permissible. With no character or account limits, passing silvers should be irrelevant.
Re: Premium Auction 05/03/2022 08:45 AM CDT
When there was a limit of "one item per account," I made sure to stash a big stack of silvers on one character on each of my accounts. (And was even fortunate enough to win with each.)

With "no limit", it will be easier to just throw them all onto one person and have done.
Re: Premium Auction 05/03/2022 11:05 AM CDT
This'll be interesting. Not knowing much, just make me want to hoard my silvers etc til this auction comes to past.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Premium Auction 05/03/2022 06:14 PM CDT
<This'll be interesting. Not knowing much, just make me want to hoard my silvers etc til this auction comes to past.>

I went to the last silvers auction just to watch and ended up winning a 6x fully unlocked energy staff for a pretty good price compared to what it would take to buy, unlock, and enchant up one from DR. I'm not sure how the removal of the one per person limit will impact bidding, but if you can't walk in with at least 30m-40m expect to be going just to watch.

Since I most likely won't be able to make it to the auction (I work most Saturday evenings), I'm going to be spending my time in the week or two before the auction keeping my eyes on the various merchant listings looking for good deals. The lead up to silvers auctions usually sees a decent reduction of prices as people try to get their silver balances as high as possible.... and I'm hoping that extends into player services this time around.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Premium Auction 05/04/2022 08:55 AM CDT
"I'm going to be spending my time in the week or two before the auction keeping my eyes on the various merchant listings looking for good deals. The lead up to silvers auctions usually sees a decent reduction of prices as people try to get their silver balances as high as possible." -- Starchitin

This.

I used to love the advent of the HSN annual action (August every year on GEnie, and then on Genie), because people would rummage through their (much smaller, and a lot fewer of them) lockers and pull out things that they were now willing to part with in order to get in on the new hotness.
Since I would most likely gain access to THAT particular hotness, next year... this was perfectly acceptable to me.

Given that there was a limit of "twenty items worn or carried", and even Arcane members only had (one!) 50-item locker, people really only held onto the creme de la creme, or very occasionally something on speculation (Oghier buying three shaalk claidhmores, for example).
Re: Premium Auction 07/28/2022 08:00 AM CDT
Repeating a tip I posted a few years ago prior to the another auction:

If you have multiple bank accounts, the easy way to consolidate them is with an inter-town bank transfer. Type "Bank Account" to see if you have any inter-town bank transfer options. You probably do not. If you do not, then you can type "Boost Info" to see how many Realms Boosts you have. All you need is one. You can redeem one by typing "boost realms silver transfer." Then type "Bank Account" again to verify that you now have one inter-town bank transfer option. Finally, when you are in the town to which you want the funds transferred, you can type "Bank" to see your transfer options. You'll want Bank Transfer Consolidate. Wait until you are in the town where you want the funds.
Re: Premium Auction 07/28/2022 08:43 AM CDT
I've got like 600 silver in one town crapping up my nice tidy columns of silver numbers; can I move just one town's balance, or MUST they all get consolidated?
Re: Premium Auction 07/28/2022 12:02 PM CDT
<< I've got like 600 silver in one town crapping up my nice tidy columns of silver numbers; can I move just one town's balance, or MUST they all get consolidated? >>

You can transfer just one bank account or even just part of one bank account, but doing so uses one inter-bank transfer. "Bank Transfer Consolidate" would be more efficient, since it moves all of you bank accounts at the cost of one inter-bank transfer.

See https://gswiki.play.net/Verb:BANK
Re: Premium Auction 07/28/2022 02:43 PM CDT
No, I like all the ones with 8-digit balances. (Plus two commas.)
Because, "shopping."

It's just that one with a goofy alignment that I need to bash into shape.