Brieson's Report: Earl Kestrel 05/24/2015 12:36 AM CDT
Late this evening, Lord Brieson and his sister Lady Soffeia returned to Wehnimer’s Landing after traveling to the coast of Tamzzyr to conclude their research of Earl Kestrel, by visiting the ruins of Kestrel Keep. His full report was kept in secrecy and sent back to the Hall of Mages, but he was able to share some statements about his findings and consequences to those determined to be guilty in the assassination of Earl Kestrel.

“On the eve of the 2nd of Phoenatos, in the year 5114, a Nalfein airship carried a number of anti-imperial criminals who successfully carried out an assassination plot against Earl Berniah Kestrel of Chastonia. This mission was orchestrated by Elithain Cross, and commanded by the Nalfein mercenary Nysina. Many of these assassins have scattered to far reaches of Elanthia, while others still operate beyond imperial jurisdiction.”

“Since my assignment to this task, I have questioned many people that our organization was informed of who might have been involved, and many denied their deeds, while others accepted responsibility. I have interrogated countless citizens and adventurers in and around Wehnimer’s Landing, and through the course of my inquiries the information slowly narrowed, eventually cutting through the manipulated deceptions and failed attempts to escape justice. To further solidify my work, and in turn conclude the investigation, my sister and I traveled to the ruins of Kestrel Keep, where the Earl himself was murdered and many of his staff and guards were killed in the onslaught from both assassins and powerful golems.”

“Using what skills and magic I have at my disposal, I have gleaned all of the identities and actions of those involved in this crime. These pariahs of the Turamzzyrian Empire are forever disparaged in the eyes of the Sun Throne, viewed as the harshest of outlaws, banished from imperial borders and subject to persecution and death should they find themselves within the Empire’s jurisdiction again.”

“Those known as the disdained are as follows; Turinrond, Drektor, Aeavenne, Malik, Bellaja, Sareja, Songar, Masrath, Shimmerain, Maiehia, Rhayveign, Mystiq, Rinswynd, Qistra, Aureate, Fealoke, Kuthar, Raidmeyn, Anyauma, Lehna, Varsric, Daiyon, Madmountan, Rekarth, Darcthundar, Varucca, Ridic, Deckits, Archales and Altheorn.”

“As noted, many of these names have gone underground or otherwise fled, hoping to escape the might of Turamzzyrian justice, while many others find sanctuary among shadows in the town of Wehnimer’s Landing. In the coming days and weeks, under my orders, the Disdained shall be hunted down, their flesh marked with the Pariah’s Brand of the Turamzzyrian Empire. There shall be bounties upon their heads within the Empire, and their presence within imperial provinces will subject them to imperial justice.”

“Many will ask, even among my own peers, why these outlaws are not dragged from their homes and hiding to be made to suffer for their crimes. To which I will answer now and again when needed, that the circumstances surrounding their involvement were questionable. It was now of my understanding that before their sins against the Sun Throne, these pariahs were misguided into offering a blood oath to Elithain Cross, a powerful sorcerer and enemy of the Empire before his demise. In the honor of reasonable justice, control might not have always been their luxury.”

“But regardless, their actions do not excuse them from justice. Their flesh shall bear the mark of their deeds, and should their feet tread upon imperial soil again, their deaths will be swift, which is more mercy than they deserve for such a folly.”

“While we do not wish to strain relationships with Wehnimer’s Landing at this time, I am making a recommendation to those provinces that do business with the frontier town, that tariffs be increased in order to collect financial compensation from the imperial protectorate to fund both repairs and reconstruction of Kestrel Keep, and obligatory donations to the families of those who lost loved ones in the attack. Furthermore, I recommend to the fair leaders and upstanding citizens of Wehnimer’s Landing, that these imperial criminals within your midst be judged in your eyes as well, may the doors of your Great Houses turn them away and may your merchants extract justified costs for their offenses.”

“While this concludes my investigation into the murder of Earl Kestrel, my work in Wehnimer’s Landing is far from finished, as I turn all of my focus into the events, and those involved, in the escape of Grishom Stone.”

Signed this Feastday, the 23rd of Ivaestaen in the year 5115,

Lord Brieson Cassle
Hall Adjudicator

This message was originally posted in Towns, Wehnimer's Landing. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/225/2494/view/6995