Thrassus & Zolis 05/26/2017 09:48 AM CDT
Time to show some love for a couple of Elanthia's menfolk for a change!

Thrassus and his cousin Zolis are returning characters from some time ago, and while they've always been enjoyable company, lately we've been in cahoots together often enough that I've had the time to really appreciate how well-crafted they are. Elanthia has a lot of dark elves, and a lot of dark elves with questionable moral character, so when you see an example of someone taking that framework and making it uniquely nuanced, it's worthy of praise.

Thrassus is on the surface a wholly pleasant, scholarly sort whose only faults would appear to being a bit too bookish and perhaps a trifle stuffy. But well past that lurks an unsavory history of acquiring a number of self-aware artifacts with an appetite for devouring sentient life, suggesting that perhaps Thrassus has some affinity for necromantic shamanism beneath his studious spectacles. At the same time, he finds the unusual characters and personalities of Elanthia intriguing, if a bit too emotional and exhausting.

Zolis, on the other hand, is often his cousin's counterpoint, a larger-than-life warrior with a penchant for swaggering bloodlust. But much like Thrassus, there's a lot going on behind the bluster. Zolis spent a longtime up against the Demonwall and in the Wizardwaste, and sometimes there's a haunted tone to his responses and bearing, and his stories from his campaigns are disturbing and fascinating to listen to. He's unabashedly racist towards non-Faendryl, though occasionally he'll make exceptions if he sees someone overcoming what he sees as their humble origins and weak blood.

One of the best things about spending time around them is the obvious work they've put into having these characters have a long history with one another as family, their conversations with other people often involve what appear to be historical disagreements between them, or they'll tag team someone else in a debate about current events or politics. It all comes across in a natural, smooth fashion of people who were raised together in the same household or near enough. Some of the conversations Ysharra's had with these two have been the most fun (and deep) I've had in a long time!

I've said it IC and OOC, and I'll repeat it here- so very glad they've both come back to entertain us :)

-GK!

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."
Re: Thrassus & Zolis 05/26/2017 07:15 PM CDT
Once again, GK can gush in ways I'm incapable of.

Thanks to the players of both Thrassus and Zolis for returning. I've greatly enjoyed our interactions and look forward to much more.

-NaadaNaamit