Raelee & Alisaire 02/12/2017 10:16 AM CST
Once again during parts of the weekend Ysharra found herself in the company of two of Elanthia's most intriguing women: Alisaire, to welcome her back home, and Raelee, seeking out her conversation during the Kestrel mysteries in the Landing. I'm honoring them together not just because of seeing them both over the course of an evening, but because they have some similar yet unique traits of being circumspect yet curious characters who have entertaining ways of turning away personal queries.

Alisaire has been Ysharra's "Person" for about fifteen years now, despite their occasional lengthy traveling breaks from one another, and this Golden Kobold post comes from how smoothly her player handled having Ysharra suddenly reappearing out of the mists of time. She's glad to see her faithful mongrel again, but is all this hugging strictly necessary? Ysharra, of course, is thrilled to be a continuing source of inappropriate embarrassment for decades :)

Raelee is an intriguing puzzle, and has only recently become one of Ysharra's stalking targets. She'll answer questions, but even her speech patterns (starting every response with an ellipse) are heavy with reluctance. Yet much of that fades whenever we've managed to hit upon a subject that Raelee seems earnestly interested in. The subtle challenges of playing a character who longs for quiet but at the same time has a need for input and decent conversation really come to life in Raelee.

Both women are also inherently funny, though of course they don't mean to be. Watching the confusion on poor Raelee's face when Ysharra called her the human female version of Rekarth had me spitting out my coffee on the other end of the keyboard.

Well done, my lovelies, well done :)

-GK

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."
Re: Raelee & Alisaire 02/12/2017 10:01 PM CST
Wow. I am so incredibly flattered. Thank you.

Truly though, the past week or so getting to know Ysharra has been a real joy. I've heard stories for years (mostly from Alisaire...), so it's been great to finally meet her.

(And Raelee still doesn't understand the Rekarth thing!)

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."