There is now a REAL Golden Kobold 12/07/2016 04:50 PM CST
This was posted over in the Duskruin Arena folder

Made you look it wasn't!!
A golden kobold statuette. Seems it has a few charges of prayer of protection and persists
Be still my heart. lol

Later:

Would my golden kobold staute with its few charges of prayer of protection be a t1 t2 or t3 then? Cause unless something is hiding that cant be a t5? I suppose a golden kobold might be fun for someone. I am sure the people talkng about my major win are being sarcastic of course?

Followed by a post from Wyrom
>>Would my golden kobold staute with its few charges of prayer of protection be a t1 t2 or t3 then? Cause unless something is hiding that cant be a t5? I suppose a golden kobold might be fun for someone. I am sure the people talkng about my major win are being sarcastic of course?
By few charges, you mean 20 charges, persists, and mage-rechargeable. This is on par to many of the items you see on the previous list of items.

Wyrom, PM

The notion of a golden kobold has been around for a really long time, to the point where our collective imagination justifies this becoming a real item in game.

So,

I would like to recommend that the golden kobold statuette be modified in such a way that it becomes a unique one-of-a-kind item with one special ability to supplement its current abilities.

The command POINT STATUETTE AT <person> should have the same results as entering the command
"ROLEPLAY NOMINATE <person> 'for a Golden Kobold Award'".

At the designers discretion, the ability should be limited to once-a-day and subject to diminished or revoked power if abused.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: There is now a REAL Golden Kobold 12/07/2016 04:54 PM CST
Seconded!
Re: There is now a REAL Golden Kobold 12/07/2016 04:55 PM CST
Thirded!

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: There is now a REAL Golden Kobold 12/07/2016 06:00 PM CST
It's a cute idea, but I think this would be actively detrimental to roleplaying.

Someone else in the middle of some solid RP, so you... take a golden kobold statue out of your bag, apropos of nothing, and point it at them?

So now the good RP-er has to react to you waving a kobold idol in their face like a crazy person. Or, if they're somehow aware of the item, they're expected to realize that it's serving an OOG purpose, carry on like nothing happened while you put it away, and keep RPing.

I'd rather just have the silent verb.
Re: There is now a REAL Golden Kobold 12/14/2016 12:46 AM CST
A player to player rp/rpa reward system already exists in dragonrealms. X number of points rewarded by other players accumulate to = one actual rpa of X duration. Borrow their code. The system works well, encourages rp, and doesn't break immersion in the midst of interactions.