Pretty Little Lies 02/27/2019 12:18 PM CST
[Ceiluir Glade, Beach Path]
Sheltered from the full fury of the sea by a ring of rocks, the cove's small beach is quiet and glitters with the golden sunlight that filters through the puffy white clouds above. Tall dunes swallow the path as it ambles upward, their edges covered in high beach grasses and wild dog roses.

An off-shore breeze lifted her hair, whipping it across her pale face. Brushing it aside, Rohese inhaled the fragrance of salty air mingled with wild roses and gazed out to sea. I’d forgotten how peaceful it was here.

There was a squall brewing on the horizon. A bank of purple clouds churned across the sky but not close enough yet to threaten the puffy white clouds overhead. Rohese instinctively massaged her temple. Her dull headache had refused to lift; the cup of herbal tea earlier hadn’t helped and sleep still eluded her. She hoped that a few days on the Isle of the Four Winds would at least help her to relax.

The ebb and flow of the ocean was soothing, its rhythmic susurration over the dark shingle punctuated only by the chorus of birdsong. She allowed her gaze to wander, her eyes drawn to the cliff face where the birds were flitting to and from their small nests. Faces drifted in and out of her thoughts, gentle voices accompanying each visage; some gruff, some soft, but all familiar and recalled with fondness. Puptilian’s low tone mingled with Tyrie’s light laughter and Corlyne’s wry smile filled her heart with warmth. It would be good to see my friends again. Her thoughts turned to where they were now and what they might be doing. Did they wonder what had become of me? Were they worried? What should I tell them?

A distant flash of lightning caused her to flinch, bringing her back to the present moment. She was startled to see that during her reverie one of the cliff-nesting birds had landed on her hand and was simply looking up her, its head cocked at an angle as if waiting for her to say something.

Rohese smiled to herself.

“Let Pup know that I’m fine,” she lied.

The pretty little bird immediately took flight and the faint smile faded from Rohese’s lips. I’m fine.

>>https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l

>>https://gswiki.play.net/A_Healing_Process