Moonstone Abbey and the sisters of The Coven greet you! 06/22/2018 12:42 PM CDT
*On Niiman, Lumnea 21st year of 5118, The Order of the Sphere and Scythe joined Moonstone Abbey in their ritual for the Summer Solstice on the Coastal Cliffs right outisde of Wehnimers Landing*

Ritaul by: Liabo Chair Aoife, and helped by Lornon Chair Rivienne of Moonstone Abbey
Log captured by: Elder Seer Rovvigen of the Sphere and Scythe

[Coastal Cliffs, Small Hillock]
The long grass here atop the hillock undulates in the breeze like gentle, ocean waves. The slope is covered with a colorful patchwork of wildflowers.

You [Local]: "Sphere and Scythe and Moonstone Abbey will start our event soon in the Coastal Cliffs. This will be to welcome the Summer season by a ritual and then provide readings to seekers after."

Rivienne says, "There may be a chance during the ceremony to offer a token of summer, if anyone wants to take the time to find one."

Rivienne says, "Or you can use the blackberries."

Rivienne taps a short pale vaalin cart.

Cryheart asks, "A token?"

Cryheart rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Rivienne says, "Something that sort of....says summer to you."

Cryheart says, "Ahhh."

Rivienne says, "Please join me, and we will move up the hill a little bit for the ritual."

*The group joins for the much anticpated ritual to begin the Summer Solstice*

Rivienne recites:
"If everyone would join me, we will move up the hill to start the ceremony"

Rivienne says, "I think that is everyone."

[Coastal Cliffs, Small Hillock]
The long grass here atop the hillock undulates in the breeze like gentle, ocean waves. The slope is covered with a colorful patchwork of wildflowers. You also see a pure white porcupine, a deleterious river spirit that is flying around and a crimson and black canvas tent with a trio of moons over the entrance.

Aoife says, "If I can ask for quiet...as much as possible..."

Aoife smiles at you as she steps forward from her place in the circle, the soft green grass giving way beneath her unshod feet. A bright orange salamander scurries almost silently across the circle, and from somewhere in the night the sweet perfume of roses wafts into your consciousness.

Aoife carefully places an engraved haon chest on the ground.

Aoife recites confidently:
"Sisters! Brothers! Friends!
Moonstone Abbey and the sisters of The Coven greet you!"

Rivienne smiles.

Aoife recites:
"Welcome to our celebration of the Summer Solstice!"

Aoife recites deeply:
"Today the Light reigns, and the Sun is at the height of its power.
But even as it reaches this point, so it begins to diminish,
Reminding us that life is ephemeral and we need cherish all that we love today whilst it is still ours to enjoy."

Aoife recites solemnly:
"We gather at this time of Most Light to remember that all things are fleeting and to offer appreciation for what it is that fills our lives with joy."

Aoife recites:
"As we cast our circle let us bring into it the best of what we are, to share with each other and the world.
Let us stand freely before those we serve, and before those who watch and remember.
And let us know the fullness of life as we live out our days and our nights."

Aoife gazes up into the heavens.

Aoife closes her eyes for a moment.

Aoife lets out a long, contemplative breath.

Aoife smiles slightly as she moves to the center of the circle and faces eastward, raising her candle skyward in a salute to the Lady of the Air.

(Aoife turns to the south and raises her candle skyward in a salute to the Lady of the Fire.)

(Aoife turns and faces west, raising her candle skyward yet again in a salutation to the Lady of the Water.)

(Aoife turns northward and raises her candle skyward one last time, saluting the Lady of the Underlying.)

Aoife carefully places her beeswax candle on the ground.

Aoife lights the beeswax candle, which flickers and begins to burn.

Aoife bows.

Aoife removes an embossed beeswax candle from in an engraved haon chest.

(Aoife walks quietly to the eastern side of the circle.)

Aoife smiles and faces toward the east, raising her outstretched arms toward the sky.

Aoife recites solemnly:
"Lady of the East - we invite you to join our circle on this night of the Midsummer Celebration!
On the wings of Air comes new inspiration, whispers of our beloved ones, and the all the sweet, sweet sounds of summer!"

(Aoife turns to the south, walking along the perimeter of the circle until she arrives at the southernmost point.)

An embossed beeswax candle burns with a warm golden light.

Aoife smiles and faces southward.

(Aoife raises her outstretched arms skyward.)

Aoife recites:
"Lady of the South - we invite you to join us in our circle this night of the Midsummer Celebration!
As Fire are you known! The sun is strong, and our creative energies swell as the days grow warmer."

An embossed beeswax candle glows warmly with a soft, flickering light.

(Aoife continues carefully along the perimeter of the circle to the far western side.)

Aoife smiles and faces westward, raising her outstretched arms to the heavens.

A wisp of smoke rises from an embossed beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

A bit of melted wax drips from an embossed beeswax candle with a hiss. The flame jumps, burning high for a moment, then settles into a warm glow.

Aoife recites:
"Lady of the West - join our circle as we celebrate the Summer of the year.
As Water you bring life to the crops, and you flow as life blood within our very bodies. You refresh us and renew us and quench our thirst. Be with us on this Happy Night!"

Aoife removes a midnight blue twisted pillar candle from in an engraved haon chest.

(Aoife turns toward the north and completes the circle by walking the arc from the west to the northernmost point.)

A small draft catches the flame of an embossed beeswax candle and it flickers brightly.

Aoife carefully places her twisted pillar candle on the ground.

Aoife lights the twisted pillar candle, which flickers and begins to burn.

Aoife smiles and faces northward.

Aoife recites:
"Lady of the North - join us as we gather to celebrate the Midsummer!
We ask you - the Underlying - who nourishes the seeds that become the grain and fruit that feed our bodies, to come into our circle and share with us your sustenance in this full season of the year."

The glow from an embossed beeswax candle softly illuminates the shadows.

(Aoife moves again to the center of the circle and stands quietly for a few moments.)

A faint, flickering light emanates from an embossed beeswax candle, warming the area with its glow.

Aoife recites emphatically:
"The time of fulfillment is here! We have toiled long and hard to plant the seeds."

Aoife recites clearly:
"These days in the sun will be short in number, and already beauty is fleeting."

Aoife recites wistfully:
"The early blossoms have withered and died."

A faint, flickering light emanates from an embossed beeswax candle, warming the area with its glow.

Aoife recites thoughtfully:
"Yet we know their death must come for the seed to set and the fruit to form and ripen.
The Wheel of the Year turns ever onward. "

A wisp of smoke rises from a midnight blue twisted pillar candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Aoife recites:
"We gather at this time of the Longest Day, and we pause."

A wisp of smoke rises from an embossed beeswax candle as the hot wax drips and splutters.

Aoife recites softly:
"We pause in our daily pursuits to take stock of where we have been,
what we have accomplished,
and where we are going."

The beeswax candle flickers softly, casting a warm light throughout the area.

Aoife smiles slowly, her face glowing in the candlelight.

Aoife recites:
"And we pause - intentionally - to think about what has come into our lives by our own work, by the work of others, and by the grace of the Universe.
And to ponder the things we would miss were they to be taken from us."

Aoife smiles to herself and steps back to the center of the circle, standing quietly with her hands outstretched for a few minutes before speaking again.

An embossed beeswax candle flickers a moment and nearly goes out, then its flame springs to life again, burning merrily.

Aoife recites deeply:
"At this time I invite you to bring forward something that represents the fullness of Summer and offer it back to the Goddess by placing it in the center of the circle. Before you return to your place, take a moment, if you wish, to speak a few words from your heart. If you did not bring an offering tonight, you may simply step forward to speak and be heard."

Aoife whispers to the group, "As you wish...in any order that you wish."

The glow from an embossed beeswax candle softly illuminates the shadows.

(Rovvigen go center circle.)

You softly say, "I place this offering to bring in the warmth of the summer and wish safe journey to everyone here tonight."

You drop a bowl of fresh blackberries.

(Rovvigen steps back.)

(Rivienne steps into the circle.)

(Balley go circle.)

Rivienne says, "On this, the longest day, I wish for blessings upon friends new and old, and a speedy build for our new annex."

Rivienne carefully places a small dandelion on the ground.

Rivienne takes a few steps back.

Aoife nods at Rivienne.

Balley softly says, "Bluebells to ring in the season with joy an peace."

Balley drops a stalk of bluebells.

(Balley steps back to her spot.)

(Maylan steps forward into the circle.)

(Maylan slices the palm of her hand and squeezes it as several drops of blood fall to the ground.)

Maylan says, "I offer my life force to this, our Lady Summer. May you all experience abundance and good cheer for the year."

(Maylan steps back.)

(Cryheart strides forward into the circle.)

Cryheart says, "I offer this willow leaf as an offering to Lady Summer to show the full growth of Summer."

Cryheart drops an elongated willow leaf.

Cryheart takes a few steps back.

Myasarie smiles softly as she moves to the circles center

(Rheider walks to the center of the circle.)
Rheider says, "I offer as a reminder of the fruits and music of summer."

Rheider drops a bright red cranberry.

Rivienne smiles.

Rheider removes a dark monir harp miniature from in his burlap backpack.

Rheider raises his harp miniature skyward!

(Shinann steps into the center of the circle.)

Rheider drops a dark monir harp miniature.

Shinann kneels down.

(Rheider step back out of the circle.)

Shinann recites:
""I offer sweet lilac to remind us of the sweet scents of summer. May our town be blessed and kept safe."

(Yhtrin stands back in the crowd.)

Shinann carefully places a sprig of wild lilac on the ground.

Shinann stands up.

(Shinann steps out of the circle.)

(Chamorr enters the circle.)

Chamorr drops some seasoned velnalin pemmican.

Chamorr heartily says, "I offer this jerky it is the circle of life and thanks to creatures that sustain us."

(Strummerat steps into the circle.)

Strummerat drops a wild strawberry.

Chamorr heartily says, "I am thankful for me wife of five years and pray for many more."

Strummerat softly says, "I offer this fruit as a remind of all the sweet joys and pleasures we are given."

Chamorr heartily says, "And for the friends we have found here."

Cryheart says, "Amen."

(Chamorr steps back.)

Myasarie smiles softly as she moves back into the circles center

Myasarie softly says, "I ask our Lady to bless those here and those that are no longer with us. May the light and warmth bring forth abundance and may it comfort us."

(Strummerat steps back.)

Myasarie drops a bunch of violets.

Myasarie softly says, "May these violets find renewal within your breast."

Myasarie smiles tenderly as she steps back

Dirvy removes a falcon feather from in her red leather pack.

Aoife says, "For sweet memories, for love that makes the world a better place, and for days of happiness unfolding before us all - I give thanks and pray for more."

Aoife carefully places a sprig of larkspur on the ground.

(Dirvy hikes up her skirts and steps into the circle, careful to sidestep the candle nearby.)

Dirvy softly says, "The summer is especially sacred to the Sylvan, for it is the time we watch all of the Verdant Lady's children experience life to the fullest, in the lush grasses, the deepest rivers, the tallest trees."

Dirvy softly says, "It is also a time the parents of all the new, baby things born of the Spring, teach their children how to live."

Dirvy softly says, "We all breathe in the summer sun, knowing Lady Winter is on the way, and with her comes the chill of death."

Dirvy softly says, "So, this summer, live life to the fullest, breathe in the light, and share your love of nature with others."

(Dirvy steps back, removing herself from the circle.)

Aoife whispers to the group, "Is there anyone who wishes yet to speak?"

Aoife whispers to the group, "If not, we will proceed."

Aoife smiles as she begins to sway slowly in place to an inner music. After a few minutes she starts to move deliberately around the circle in a clockwise direction, inviting you with motions of her hands and arms to join hands and follow her in the dance. She begins a familiar chant, and one-by-one others join in the song as well as the dance.

Aoife sings softly:
"I am opening
I am opening
I am opening
I am o-o-pening!"

Aoife sings loudly:
"I am opening
I am opening
I am opening
I am o-o-pening!"

Aoife sings brightly:
"I am opening up in sweet surrender to the luminous lovelight of the One! "

Aoife sings brightly:
"I am opening up in sweet surrender to the luminous lovelight of the One!
I am opening up in sweet surrender to the luminous lovelight of the One! "

Aoife sings loudly:
"We are opening
We are opening
We are opening
We are o-o-pening!"

Aoife sings loudly:
"We are opening
We are opening
We are opening
We are o-o-pening!"

(Aoife dances faster as the chanting picks up speed and volume. Her robes billow in the night air as she drops the hands of those on either side of her to spin in a tight circle, clapping her hands in time to the music. The soft scent of growing things rises from the forest floor, bestirred by many moving feet. All around the circle the faces of friends and strangers alike reflect the light of the candles and the joy of Midsummer s Night.)

Aoife sings brightly:
"We are opening up in sweet surrender
to the luminous lovelight of the One!
We are opening up in sweet surrender
to the luminous lovelight of the One! "

Aoife sings loudly:
"We are opening
We are opening
We are opening
We are o-o-pening!"

(Aoife picks up a nearby drum and tucks it under her left arm, cradling it against her waist and hip. With her right hand she beats steadily, driving the dancing and undergirding the chant with a pulsing rhythm. Her feet move nimbly round the circle, and her robes swirl around her ankles as the dance continues.)

Aoife sings:
"I am opening up in sweet surrender
to the luminous lovelight of the One!"

Aoife sings:
"Sweet surrender, sweet surrender - opening to the One!"

Aoife sings:
"Sweet surrender, sweet surrender - opening to the One!"

Aoife sings loudly:
"We are opening up in sweet surrender to the luminous lovelight of the One! "

Aoife sings:
"O-o-opening...
We are opening..
We are o-o-pening!"

Aoife slowly empties her lungs.

(Aoife slows and stops, returning to stillness and catching her breath in order to continue with the ritual. A gust of wind stirs the leaves and branches overhead as she steps once again into the center of the circle; and in the quietness that follows a whippoorwill calls out its haunting nighttime refrain.)

Aoife breathes very slowly and looks much calmer.

Aoife recites clearly:
"Now the world begins its slow journey back to darkness, and though the days be filled with growing things, these all too soon will return to whence they came.
We must love them while we can.
Let us each take a moment to silently reflect on what we love and cherish most in our lives and what we wish to do to honor that love."

Aoife recites softly:
"If you wish to speak your commitment aloud you may do so."

You kneel down.

You murmur some prayers under your breath.

Cryheart says, "Honor and duty to protect others."

You stand back up.

Maylan says, "I'm gonna build me a garden for Shanty Town, by the gods I will."

Rivienne says, "The longest day is over, but I will strive to bring light where it is needed as the days grow shorter."

Chamorr heartily says, "Family friends posterity for us all."

Speaking to Chamorr, Aoife says, "And to you, dear Bear."

You softly say, "I want to thank Moonstone Abbey for allowing Sphere and Scythe to join this joyous occassion of bringing in Summer."

Aoife says, "We thank you for joining us."

Myasarie softly says, "I pledge to try and understand those I do not and to help all that I can in anyway I can."

Aoife recites:
"Now we will open the circle by releasing the elements who have blessed us with their presence tonight."

(Yhtrin keeps silent.)

Aoife recites:
"When the elements have been released we will share a kiss around the circle, and then there will be food and drink in the tent. Everyone is welcome to join us there, where members of the Sphere and Scythe will be available for spiritual readings.
On behalf of the Sisters of the Coven and the Brothers and Sisters of Moonstone Abbey I thank you all for joining us tonight to celebrate the arrival of Summer!"

(Aoife faces toward the north, raising her arms in a gesture of thanksgiving.)

Aoife recites:
"The Underlying - which gives us ground to stand upon and offers us deep quiet and peace in which to develop new ideas and courses of action..."

Aoife snuffs out a midnight blue twisted pillar candle.

Aoife whispers to the group, "Look who you are next to on either side....one should pass a kiss to you, and you pass it on to the next."

(Aoife faces toward the west, raising her arms in a gesture of thanksgiving.)

The beeswax candle burns warmly, lending a soft light to the surroundings.

Aoife recites:
"Water - which buoys us up and refreshes us for the onward journey..."

Aoife snuffs out an embossed beeswax candle.

(Aoife faces toward the south, raising her arms in a gesture of thanksgiving.)

Aoife recites:
"Fire - which burns within us and gives passion to our dreams! "

(Yhtrin steps out of the range of being kissed.)

(Aoife faces toward the east, raising her arms in a gesture of thanksgiving.)

Aoife recites:
"And Air - which brings the inspiration without which all things become stale and old..."

(Shinann steps back.)

Aoife kneels down.

Aoife leans forward.

(Aoife places the palms of her hands flat against the ground, returning the energy that has been raised.)

Aoife recites:
"The circle is open but unbroken.

Aoife recites:
"Merry meet!
And merry part!
And merry meet again!"

Aoife recites quietly:
"Blessed be."

*The crowd says, "Blessed Be" and slowly starts passing kisses on the cheeks and foreheads to complete the Solstice ritual*

Aoife asks, "Rovvigen, would you like to explain when we get to the tent what the procedure will be for those wishing spirital readings tonight?"

You softly say, "I will indeed."

Speaking to Aoife, Rivienne says, "Beautiful ritual as always, Aoife."

You softly say, "My first ritual."

You softly say, "I really enjoyed it."

Speaking to you, Aoife says, "You've been asking for years!! I'm so glad you finally are with us."

You softly ask, "Everyone ready and has said everything they wanted to say before we head out?"

You softly say, "Heading out then."

* The group makes their way back to Moonstone Abbey's Party Tent where divination services were offered by the Sphere and Scythe*

[Moonstone Abbey Party Tent]
Hardwood floors of polished faewood are inlaid with lustrous strips of ebonwood forming an intricate Moonstone Abbey coat-of-arms. Cheerful candles on gold candelabra brighten the spacious tent, casting merry shadows upon its lush, crimson velvet interior walls. A heavy shadowed black damask curtain embroidered with a trio of ivory moons separates the dance area to the north from this main gathering spot. You also see a short pale vaalin cart with some stuff on it and a discreet tent flap.

You recite softly:
"Now to the second part of the event Sphere and Scythe will be providing Spiritual readings tonight. Tonight we have 3 Seers from the Order with us to provide such readings and 1 Seer who may or may not use her gifts tonight"

You softly say, "Seers available are Balley, Yhtrin, Me and possibly Dirvy if you ask nice she may help."

You softly say, "Please dont be shy, ask a question we dont bite."

Rosies asks, "What is a reading?"

You softly say, "We provide answers to a question you have that has been on your mind. Anything from love, finances, to travel."

You softly say, "A glimpse into the future if you will."

*Several individuals asked for readings, some of which were private readings, after seekers received answers, the event for the evening into the morning hours of the following day concluded*
Re: Moonstone Abbey and the sisters of The Coven greet you! 06/22/2018 06:09 PM CDT
I enjoyed last night. Just embarrassed I gave the OOC whisper about not kissing Shinann. Thought of a million ways I could have done it IC AFTER. So I apologize for that.

B aka Shinann