Blight of the Black Blood and the half-elven refugees (IC post) 09/26/2016 05:01 AM CDT

You break the silver wax seal on the vellum scroll and unroll it. The sheet has a subtle verdant sheen, and carries the faint scent of oleander and pine. Centrally positioned at the top of the page is the House Sylvanfair crest, detailed in dark green and black inks. Written with a practiced hand in perfect common, the penmanship is neat with occasional flourishes.

Sylvanfair Manse
The Oak Grove, Ta'Illistim
26th day of Imaerasta, in the year 5116.

My dear friends,

As I'm sure many of you are aware, a matter of grave urgency has arisen concerning our half-elven brethren. Many are leaving their homes in the Turamzzyrian Empire because of persecution and plague. They are fleeing in such haste that they have little time to gather their belongings. I attended an audience with the Argent Mirror last night to learn more about their plight and it struck me that we could extend the hand of friendship to offer help during this difficult time.

I propose that House Sylvanfair open the doors to the Manse in Ta'Illistim as a refuge but I need your agreement to do so. The Illustrious Mirror stated that they would be granted sanctuary in Cysaegir but she is reluctant to permit access to Ta'Illistim for fear of spreading the disease. Many of the refugees may wish to travel onwards, however, so I feel that we are ideally situated on the Sylvarraend Road and far enough from the city walls to be of no concern to the Council of Thrones and citizens.

I beseech you all to look into your hearts and agree with me that we should act quickly to avoid any further suffering. Please let me know your thoughts or if you wish to meet and discuss the matter further; I am, as always, at your disposal.

High Lady Rohese Bayvel-Timsh’l
Scrivener of Ta’Illistim
Chatelaine of House Sylvanfair

OOC: If you are all in agreement, I think this would be a perfect opportunity for Sylvanfair to shine and become involved in the developing storylines both in the Landing and the Elven Nations. It sits nicely with our charter and I hope we can take it forward. If I get the go-ahead from you, I'll discuss with the fabulous Elidi about turning off the door/windchime mechanics at the annex to allow open access to the Guardian Hall. Perhaps then we could arrange a clothing/food drive type event in collaboration with elven MHOs such as the Alliance of High Elven Society, Wyvern's Honour and the Ilyan Syndicate. I'm excited about this!

This is a cross-post with the Ta'Illistim folder and our own House boards so feel free to respond wherever suits and I don't mind if it's IC or OOC.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Blight of the Black Blood and the half-elven refugees (IC post) 09/26/2016 10:21 AM CDT
Yes, very much yes!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Blight of the Black Blood and the half-elven refugees (IC post) 09/30/2016 05:03 AM CDT
Rohese slowly worked her way through the ever-growing pile of correspondence on her desk. In between the heart-wrenching accounts of suffering, her spirits lifted at the kind words and offers of help she had received from many of her friends and colleagues.

She glanced out of the window and took a moment to admire the garden and oak grove beyond. It was lovely all year around, thanks to the hard work of Hosta, their resident gardener, but it was particularly beautiful at this time of year with the turning of the leaves and the muted sunlight through the orchard trees.

Noticing the young sylvan who was quietly clearing away the empty teacups and glasses, she nodded decisively and smiled at her.

"Leave those, I'll clear them." Rising from her chair, she started to tidy up the room. "First, I'd like you to go and check our stores. Gather up as much fresh bread and milk as you can and then ask Hosta to harvest the fruit trees and herbs. We're going to need a lot!"

Just as the sylvan turned to leave, Rohese added, "One more thing, please see that we have plenty of firewood stacked and that the front door is left ajar."

She turned to look out of the window once more and thought, "our home is their home."

OOC: This is a cross-post with the Illistim folder and our own boards so feel free to respond here or there.

Thank you to Nihrvanah for organising the first fundraising event and to the Sylvanfair officers/members for agreeing to run with this. I have emailed Elidi to ask about turning off the door/windchime mechanics at the Sylvanfair annex (located in the Oak Grove along the Sylvarraend Road) along with a few other cheeky requests - never hurts to ask, right?!

Hope everyone can make the fundraiser on Sunday! Bring stuff!

Re: Blight of the Black Blood and the half-elven refugees 09/30/2016 11:49 AM CDT
GM Elidi has excelled herself and already agreed to our requests.

[Sylvanfair, Cobbled Courtyard - ] [located in the Oak Grove off the Sylvarraend Road - lich #10091 and go gate]
High stone walls, covered in dark green ivy, surround a cobbled courtyard and conceal it from the forest without. Two benches sit on either side of a gated entrance, granting a view across a well-tended garden to the west and an orchard beyond. The air is filled with birdsong and rich with the smells of earth and leaf. The entire northeast corner is occupied by an oak-gabled grey stone manse with an imposing door that is flanked on either side by twisted lilac trees, creating a fragrant archway. You also see a stack of shallow boxes containing freshly picked apples and plums and a heartwood donation box.

The main room of the annex (Guardian Hall) is now open to all for the foreseeable future and ...

>get apple
You help yourself to a polished bright green apple.
>get plum
You help yourself to a plump dark purple plum.

>put leaf in other box
You put some acantha leaf in a heartwood donation box.

As well as the fundraising event with the Alliance of High Elven Society on Sunday, House Sylvanfair are also willing to take donations of clothing, food, herbs and toys for the children. In addition, they have gathered this year's harvest and offer it freely to the refugees. Spread the word!

Re: Blight of the Black Blood and the half-elven refugees 10/03/2016 01:44 PM CDT
Tacked to the front door of the Sylvanfair Manse is a white sheet of parchment with a faint silvery sheen.

Dear friends,

I thought it would be helpful to post a short newsletter to keep you all informed of the latest developments with the House and the current refugee crisis. The fundraising event yesterday was very successful. The Alliance of High Elven Society kindly provided refreshments for all the wonderful donors who stopped by and his majesty, King Qalinor Vaalor, graced us with his presence for a short while to lend his support. At his command, sheaves of grain and crates of fruit have been supplied by Yander’s Farm and a donation box installed in Ravelin’s Wyvern Plaza.

As well as many donations of food, herbs and clothes, a large pack of provisions was graciously donated by the druids of Isil Dae’gonn along with a very generous monetary gift from Aoife and Chamorr. We will see that all of these reach those in need as soon as possible.

Thank you for all for your continued support and charity. Remember, our home is their home.

Chatelaine Rohese Bayvel-Timsh’l Illistim