lich mapdb 09/05/2017 03:24 PM CDT
I just fixed several things in the lich mapdb related to Helden Hall (but I'm not a member). There is at least one outstanding problem. If you want any further mapping help, you can email me since I don't check the forums that often.

1) Someone recently added your map to narost, but there was no tag (e.g. for peering) nor was check_location set for your Prize Closet. This implies that your new map would show up to every CHE officer in their own prize closet. I now enabled check_location and added a peering tag, so now only your officers (and no one else) will see your map.

2) FWI locker was overriding all of ours. This has probably been ongoing since around the release of the new CHE pins. I was miffed why the go2_restart for my own CHE kept not working, but I realized it was Helden Hall causing the problem upon seeing #1 tonight by sheer coincidence. (I had gone to my FWI locker to remind myself the escape syntax for peering tags...) I added a new peering tag to prevent override. I didn't add a go2_restart, but you can ask me what it is and how if you're curious.

3) The new map name did not follow case conventions, and was "WL-heldenhall-XXXXXX.png" rather than "wl-heldenhall-XXXXXX.png". This firstly made me extremely confused trying to find your map after I did #1 above, only to find because of how Ruby treats cases, that it was at the very top. I assume this was probably an honest mistake, though it could have been on purpose. Either way we should follow the established conventions. I fixed it.

4) Your Prize Closet room (#15489) is orphaned. This means no room in the game is linked to enter this room in the mapdb, and consequently that having put in into narost is quite pointless, because clicking on it will not do anything, because lich doesn't know how to get there. I cannot resolve this because I do not know how to enter your prize closet.

Sorry for messing with the mapdb related to your CHE, but there were several issues and it seemed easier for me to do it than ask someone else.
Re: lich mapdb 09/05/2017 07:08 PM CDT
Hi Daid,

Many thanks for helping out with the database! I appreciate the help and you addressed some things I simply haven't thought of. You should consider joining the GS4 discord channel by Whirlin. We have a lich-and-scripting sub-channel which we discuss a lot of this stuff and another great mind is always appreciated - https://discord.gg/qYnKfpD. It's open to all.

1) I didn't set the check_location because I didn't realize all the prize closets were the same. Good to know, thanks!

2) Yes, mapped that before the new pins and didn't stop to think the change impacted in that way. Honestly, since that remarkable change by the GMs, I usually just turn my house pin and go in the curtain manually, but your fix is much appreciated! I'll have to catch up with you about the restart go2. I've used it before, but it never hurts to potentially learn something new or improved. I can see how it would be useful given the new CHE pins.

3) I've had a bit of discussion about the non-standard map naming convention. It's not actually a ruby problem so much as the way narost was written. You'll notice the tags are also a mess because of the mismatched cases.

A useful tip to fix this - go to line #93 in narost.lic and replace used_maps.sort! with used_maps.sort_by!(&:downcase). It will sort all the tags as well as maps in alphabetical order, regardless of case. xnarost also does this mostly built-in.

4) It's orphaned on purpose. We didn't want to input how to enter the closet into go2, but it's nice to have it locate you on the map when you're actually in the closet. No point and click, but not entirely useless ;)

Thanks for all your help!
~Rich player of Treap

P.S. - I'll send this to you in an email but maybe it will help someone else or satisfy the curiosity of others.
Re: lich mapdb 09/05/2017 08:59 PM CDT
<technobabble, whatwhat>

All I gather is Daid must face trial by combat in the fighting pit (not Meereen)! Sunset, tomorrow eve.

And leave the Prize Closet with Surofee.
Re: lich mapdb 09/06/2017 08:24 AM CDT
"trial by combat in the fighting pit" -- Roblar

Is he going to have to gnarfle the garthok?

<technobabble> -- previous

Only one of the programs I deal with on a regular basis has case issues, so internally here at the office I've taken to writing all of my comparisons by converting everything to UPPERcase first. That way when I get around to looking in the tax program, I've got things the way it wants them already. (And for printing mailing labels, since USPS prefers all-upper, too.)
So, add me to the crowd of "huge fan of case-consistency" people. :)