In-house Games 02/22/2013 01:34 AM CST

Hi there,

Scrimge's contest and reference to two cups I knew little about got me thinking. What contests does Helden Hall host and do we have a comparable cup for display...

Would someone be able to tell me about any of the contests / games that our house hosts. I think Aspis host the Bardfest. Am assuming that the Gladatorial games are something we don't host, although its something that sounds right up our street.

I know about our intermittent organised pit fights and that there was a spring storytelling contest a few years back.

Do we host any other events in a structured way? And are these events held annually?

(The Helden hall site us still down, otherwise I'd have gone there first. Will scroll through the forum pages in a moment though.)

-
Bremerial - Chair of the 'Bring the Highman Games to Kharam-Dzu' Committee

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

AIM: warriorbremerial
Re: In-house Games 02/22/2013 10:03 AM CST
There are many things the House does. Monthly, barring interference from other events (which happens about twice a year or so) and holidays, we run the Tour and Tourney. That is what you mentioned and typically there are about 8 to 10 of those per year. At the end of last year, all three were essentially cancelled due to Ebon Gate (or something just previous which overlapped), Thanksgiving and Christmas. We've run two so far this year. One of which was geared to the UAC and monks, held with assistance from Paupers.

Every spring we participate with Paupers and Ord an Dragan to run the Spring Fling. Last year this incorporated a weekend long tournament, a kissing booth and a dance/ball (I may have missed an event, my memory is meh). Also, we assist in holding the Dame Wanton Memorial tourney annually led by the Silver Gryphons during the Frontier Days fest. Coming in April we're holding an event with Twilight Hall that will combine magic and melee combat in several forms. Rumor has it that there might be a joint effort with Elanthian Elegance to have a tourney for a gown but that is still being worked upon. Speaking of which, I need to contact Corlyne about that again.

In the past, there were annual or more frequent storytelling contests. There is a cup in the Great Hall with a list of previous winners upon it but it has been years since names were added to it, I believe. There were weekly or monthly House hunts, as well as several other fun events for House members while membership was still measured in the dozens instead of a single score.

~Galenok
Re: In-house Games 02/22/2013 11:49 AM CST
Galenok, thanks for the really detailed response. Gives me a greater understanding of some of the activities of our House, beyond information provided on induction.

Appreciated. Will take a look at that storytelling cup when I can. Perhaps we can employ an engraver to put the names of all past winners on any attached plaque. Happy to contribute if there is a cost.

:)

-
Bremerial - Chair of the 'Bring the Highman Games to Kharam-Dzu' Committee

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

AIM: warriorbremerial