Art Exhibit Miscommunications 05/02/2019 12:00 AM CDT
I am rather disappointed and irritated at the poor communication around the Cairnfang Manor art exhibit this year. The event does not seem to have been well advertised, which may have contributed to the apparent need for an extension to get more submissions. When that extension was announced via the Official GS Discord on April 3rd at 4:10pm eastern, it stated "Submissions are now open through April 4th."

To myself and apparently a few others, 'through April 4th' was read to mean that submitting on the 4th would be acceptable. I am not the only one who put together a submission to help support this CHE event after hearing you needed more entries. My submission was sent in at 1:10am, less than 12 hours after the extension was announced.

Excited for the opening tonight, I took my character to the exhibit to find my entry was not there. Confused and a little hurt, I checked my email. At 8:37pm on May 1, today, I received an email telling me that I did not meet the deadline, since it was submitted after midnight on *April 3rd*. Not April 4th, as was the advertised deadline extension.

My frustrations are these: first, that when an extension was advertised, that the new deadline shared was misinformation, and second, that those of us who, unbeknownst to us, entered 'too late', did not get notified of this until the day the exhibition opened nearly a month later.

If nothing else, I hope reflection on this year's mistakes will help ensure next year's event is better organized for the people who still want to participate. As for me, my experience with this year's event has been enough to strongly discourage me from contributing in the future.

-JD
Re: Art Exhibit Miscommunications 05/03/2019 08:01 PM CDT
Hi, JD. I'm very sorry for the poor communication this year regarding the extended deadline for the art festival. I know you aren't the only one impacted by this. While there's nothing that any of the Manor members or I can do to fix it this year for you, I hope that you will give us a shot again next year. My own role this year in the overall event was somewhat limited due to real life constraints, however I for one am definitely taking this experience into consideration with regard to how next year's art Festival may play out. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.