Seafarer's Festival, Thank you all! 07/25/2016 08:27 PM CDT
The Seafarer's Festival this year was a lot of fun, with good turnout and great participation, across the board. A big thanks to all who came and joined with us in the parade, drinking game, singing contest, fishing contest, lobster racing, eating, dancing, costume contest, and murder/mystery game! From knights to gypsies, you were all a very welcome group who helped to make the fun happen. A special tip of the hat to White Haven, for sending their float to join ours, in the parade, and to all of the groups who joined in the march, as well the individuals who drank, sang, dressed up, fished, and put lobsters into bizarre situations.

I would also like to thank those of the house, whose work in running events, as well as help and advice, were invaluable. Kateerina, Dirra, Savina, and Aydan, your taking a lead in running contests and games left me very grateful to have such great people to work beside, in a team effort. Similar thanks to Divone and Dirra, for judging costumes, Cyral and Kayse (our guest judge!) for judging the shanties, Kilthal, for his help in the preparations for the lobster race, Kateerina again, for a whole lot of technical help, and to Dirra again, for our float design!

Interest has been expressed, in our offering more events on a regular basis, possibly alternating between several ideas, over the months. I believe this is a great way for us to expand our role in making Solhaven an even better city to live in, and to continue developing Cairnfang Manor. If you have an idea for an event, we'll get to work on making them happen, starting at our next house meeting, on 8/14.