Arrow Management, is there a trick? 11/12/2021 07:58 AM CST
How can I set ready ammo to pull from the same bundle? I have 4 bundles of Faewood arrows all painted different and different fletchings and arrowhead. but even know they are painted different colors "ready ammo" can't remember what bundle to pull from because despite the color they are all faewood arrows. I use dislodge a lot and can never return the arrow to the bundles even if its the only bundle I have.

I would like to be able to keep different types of ammo on me like i use to for different situation. I have tried the old commands to get 1 arrow from arrows in my quiver but that doesn't work any more.
maybe i am missing something but is there an updated guide for archery that touches on arrow management?
Re: Arrow Management, is there a trick? 11/12/2021 08:09 AM CST
Are they all in the same quiver? If you have more than one container, you could have the 'c'obalt quiver holding your 'c'old flaring ones, and your 'f'aenor quiver holding your 'f'ire flaring ones, and your 'b'lue satchel holding your 'b'lessed ones, and....
Re: Arrow Management, is there a trick? 11/12/2021 08:27 AM CST
sadly i tried putting them in different contains and it just grabs the first item that match faewood arrow could be in my cloak, my satchel, or quiver.
Also If I get 1 arrow from my quiver that works but then i get this
get 1 arr from t q
You remove a gilded onyx faewood arrow from in your thigh quivers.
> put my arrow in arr in my t q
You see nothing identical enough to the faewood arrow to bundle with it.

>look at arrow
>
This arrow has been crafted from gilded onyx faewood. At the very back end, star-strewn fletchings stand out and ensure a steady flight towards its target. At the business end of the arrow, a faenor broadhead glints in the ambient light.

here appears to be something written on it. You quickly glance through a bundle of faewood arrows and notice nothing special about them.

Individual projectiles from this bundle will have a show of "This arrow has been crafted from gilded onyx faewood. At the very back end, star-strewn fletchings stand out and ensure a steady flight towards its target. At the business end of the arrow, a faenor broadhead glints in the ambient light."

Each individual projectile will be "a gilded onyx faewood arrow".

It's just broken.
Re: Arrow Management, is there a trick? 11/12/2021 08:37 AM CST
>> put my arrow in arr in my t q

If you have more than one set of arrows in your thigh quiver it may be that you need to be more specific as to which arrow.

e.g. put my arrow in faewood arrow in my thigh quiver. (as an example)

Just a thought - may not work at all but worth a try.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Arrow Management, is there a trick? 11/12/2021 08:51 AM CST
<I use dislodge a lot and can never return the arrow to the bundles even if its the only bundle I have.>

I can't speak for the rest of the post cause I stopped hunting with my sniper around the time the ranged changed took place (too much of a pain to get to capped hunting areas, so he just picks boxes now).

As for the quoted part, arrow bundles are supposed to be unlimited now, so why bother putting them back in the bundle? Just drop them on the ground and keep moving... though, it would be nice if the Dislodge maneuver dropped them for you, since there's little practical reason to hold onto them.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Arrow Management, is there a trick? 11/12/2021 09:45 AM CST
>>As for the quoted part, arrow bundles are supposed to be unlimited now, so why bother putting them back in the bundle? Just drop them on the ground and keep moving... though, it would be nice if the Dislodge maneuver dropped them for you, since there's little practical reason to hold onto them.

This...

Bundles are unlimited, there's really no reason to try to re-bundle. Dislodge should tear them out and then have you just throw them away.

As far as why they wouldn't bundle...I'd guess you have different colors for different flares/bless/etc. The arrows that are now meant to be disposable likely don't have a charge of whatever it is to match into the bundle again.

Here's the update document on archery: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z6rt_HxSgSrmAoOwhVKmlgjG5vvSkHRn8c6CConnS7U/edit

- Andreas
Re: Arrow Management, is there a trick? 11/14/2021 07:37 AM CST
one reason dropping arrows everywhere is bad for role playing. I don't script hunt and enjoy ripping an arrow out of one critter and firing it into the next if present.
another reason it should be fixed is there is clearly some kind of issues with arrows and the fetching system.
I am often using ready ammo and ready ammo2 to get different kinds of ammo and i have to put those back in my quiver often. it is a pain to end up with a bunch of arrows in my quiver some loose
some "mutant bundles" which turn into old type bundles(which show strength & durability instead of (nothing special or charges) ) until you reach for an arrow then it converts to the new type but without the head or fetching.
The only way to use a third bundle is to make sure that bundle is at the top of your quiver and there is absolutely no way to grab an arrow from a forth bundle.