Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/18/2021 11:16 AM CDT
I currently use a T5 chakram as an OHE on my Warrior. After moving some CMANs and things around post-PSM3 I just discovered I cannot use the Edged Weapon maneuvers such as Flurry and Riposte when swinging my chakram. Is there a way to make this work? I was really looking forward to using these nifty new moves, especially with the parry bonus on my chakram. I did find a Discord post that made it seem likely this was by design. Are there plans to review/change this?
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/18/2021 11:38 AM CDT
Question for clarification. Are you saying you're trained in OHE and have the maneuvers, but they don't work with the weapon, or that you're trained in thrown and don't have access to the maneuvers at all?

- Andreas
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/18/2021 11:41 AM CDT
I'm trained in OHE and have the maneuvers but they don't work with the weapon. I'm not currently trained in Thrown Weapons.

>stance offensive
>weapon flurry
You are now in an offensive stance.
>
Your can't use flurry with a imflass chakram and faewood parma!
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/18/2021 02:22 PM CDT
You should either bug (the cman) or bugitem (the chakram) for the incorrect grammar there. (Should be "an" imflass chakram.)
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/18/2021 02:22 PM CDT
In other news, I haven't been able to parry with my chakram at all. Did something change with PSM3? It acts as a handaxe when swung, like all quoits. With Parry Spec 3, 5% T5 chakram script parry bonus, and cman stance order set to PBE I haven't parried with it at all (and parrying is what charges the THROW ability). If I switch to a dagger, I parry like crazy. I don't currently have Thrown Weapons trained, but I'm 99% sure I didn't have it trained before PSM3 either and it parried just fine.
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/18/2021 05:46 PM CDT
One more update, then I'll be quiet. I fixskilled into 2x OHE, 2x Thrown. I can now parry with my chakram. However, it does not trigger Stance of the Mongoose. I have Mongoose at max ranks, I tested in forward, advanced, and offensive stances after swinging once at the critter to make sure I was an active combatant. This is all that happens.

An arctic manticore claws at you!
You block an arctic manticore's attack by letting it bounce off your imflass chakram.
Shimmering energy crackles across the chakram and settles into one of the blocky runes.
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/19/2021 04:39 PM CDT
<<You should either bug (the cman) or bugitem (the chakram) for the incorrect grammar there. (Should be "an" imflass chakram.) ~Krakii

Please do NOT use BUGITEM for a simple typo on an item. You can ASSIST to have it fixed much faster and easily instead.

~Aulis
Platinum Co-Guru
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/20/2021 08:40 AM CDT
Good to know; thanks Aulis!
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/20/2021 01:50 PM CDT
There's a category when using BUG for TYPO - misspellings and grammar errors though. Seems counter-intuitive.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/20/2021 04:25 PM CDT
>>There's a category when using BUG for TYPO - misspellings and grammar errors though. Seems counter-intuitive.

Totally understand!

When it's a typo in messaging for a script, or a room description, etc. then these are very useful. When it's a typo in an alteration on an item (base, long, show, read), then it's less useful, because those have to be manually changed on that specific item, and the way to do that is via the ASSIST/REFER process.

If you aren't sure if it's something being caused by the actual base/long/show/read of your item or messaging being pulled in by the script, it gets more complex, I know! I'm not 100% positive there is a preferred method to start with, but in my experience, an assist so we can get eyes on it is good. If it's the thing we can fix, we fix it, and if it's not, we can have you put in the bug report, so it can get to the script owner.

Does that help?

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/20/2021 04:49 PM CDT
I concur with that explanation. If you know it's something in a room or a script, BUG or BUGITEM (if the thing is targettable). If you think, or know that it's something hardcoded into just your item, use ASSIST and get a referral. If you don't know, start with the ASSIST, and the host or GM will know which it is pretty fast.
Re: Weapon Maneuvers/Thrown Weapons 09/21/2021 08:23 AM CDT
What the NIR said.

Cheers.