KnightBlade Weapon Script 09/06/2021 09:27 PM CDT
I have this knife that, up until maybe a year-ago-ish, was a plain-jane rolaren-4x knife. Recently, I analyzed it, and this popped up:
~~
>analyze my knife
You analyze your rolaren hunting knife and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

This is a KnightBlade.

It can be freely altered.

You can PROD and CLENCH the knife. The second offensive tier is unlocked, allowing you to FLIP and TILT the knife. The second holy tier is unlocked, allowing you to TURN and PREEN the knife.

You can tell that the knife is as light as it can get.
~~

Huh?? I've never heard of the "KnightBlade" script, and there's no KnightBlade entry on the GSWiki.

The verbs give the following outputs:
~~
>prod knife
You admire the quality and craftmanship of a sturdy serrated rolaren hunting knife.
>clench knife
You tighten your grip on a sturdy serrated rolaren hunting knife, holding the knife at your side.
>flip knife
You spin a sturdy serrated rolaren hunting knife in your right hand before catching it and surveying the area.
>tilt knife
You take an aggressive posture and tilt a sturdy serrated rolaren hunting knife in front of you, looking to engage in battle.
>turn knife
Your knife lacks the spiritual energy to accomplish what you want.
>preen knife
Your knife lacks the spiritual energy to accomplish what you want.
You finger your rolaren hunting knife and preen.
~~

From the output of the TURN and PREEN verbs, this might have some sort of affinity system involved? I can't seem to INFUSE it with mana or spirit. Maybe it takes killing like-level-ish things? Maybe it takes killing undead things?

Anyone else have a KnightBlade and know what's going on with these?

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: KnightBlade Weapon Script 09/12/2021 10:43 AM CDT
What about blessing it?

As for why it just showed up... there's been a small push lately to add analyzes to old things that never had them.
Re: KnightBlade Weapon Script 09/13/2021 03:06 PM CDT
>What about blessing it?

Ahh, that did it! ::beam::

~~
>analyze my knif
You analyze your rolaren hunting knife and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

This is a KnightBlade.

It can be freely altered.

You can PROD and CLENCH the knife. The second offensive tier is unlocked, allowing you to FLIP and TILT the knife. The second holy tier is unlocked, allowing you to TURN and PREEN the knife.

You can tell that the knife is as light as it can get.

>turn my knife
You utter a quick prayer and your knife radiates with a faint aura before the aura fades.

>preen my knife
Closing your eyes, you calm your nerves and exhale. "My faith is strong, and I will gain victory," you say to yourself in a reassuring tone before opening your eyes.

>flip my knif
You juggle your knife between your hands for a moment while looking about.

>tilt my knif
You take an aggressive posture and tilt a sturdy serrated rolaren hunting knife in front of you, looking to engage in battle.

>prod my knif
You admire the quality and craftmanship of a sturdy serrated rolaren hunting knife.

>clench my knif
You tighten your grip on a sturdy serrated rolaren hunting knife, holding the knife at your side.
~~

~Inquisitor of Kuon
Re: KnightBlade Weapon Script 09/13/2021 08:30 PM CDT
There was some discussion about this in Discord last night that I want to put together and post here and then on the wiki.

I don't know your Discord ID (if you're on it) so I couldn't ping you to the conversation :)

That's a really cool weapon script!
Re: KnightBlade Weapon Script 09/13/2021 09:53 PM CDT
Not on Discord, but appreciate the thought, and looking forward to the discussion/info you put together!

~Inquisitor of Kuon