wood blocks 03/02/2021 10:17 AM CST
Ok, I know that weapons and realism don't exactly go hand-in-hand in GS.... but I know it's a game and there's balance and other things to consider, so I don't let it get to me. (seriously, don't get me started on weapon weights in GS though)

Lances, on the other hand.... oh good gods, it's just obscene! Nevermind that people are running around SWINGING lances, it's not even possible to make a lance in the forge that isn't entirely made of METAL!

Lances were around 9 feet long and could get up to 12 feet on the extreme end... if they were all metal, that's a lot of weight to be holding level from one end, let alone control. Sure, a lot can be done with the shape to shift the center of gravity and make it easier to manage, but even if they're as thin as possible without risking the metal bending... that's still a lot of weight to manage. That (along with the price of metal) is why they were made of wood and tipped with metal.

Now that I've got that out of my system... could we please have the weight of wood blocks sold in the forge increased to 15 lbs so I don't have to keep using steel to make lance shafts? Alternatively, I'd also be happy if the amount of wood needed to make lance shafts were reduced to 10 lbs.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.