Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 12:38 AM CST
Is there a way to tell whether a weapon has perfect forging if the description has been altered to take out "perfect"?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 01:25 AM CST
Any weapon that's player forged will have a crafting mark with the name of who made it when you LOOK at it... though you'll need to have a bard sing to it to tell if it's a perfect or lower quality

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 01:39 AM CST
And comparing the avd to a plain store/pawnshop one.
Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 01:08 PM CST
>Is there a way to tell whether a weapon has perfect forging if the description has been altered to take out "perfect"?

A Bard's loresong will tell which level of crafted weapon it is

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 01:36 PM CST
>> >Is there a way to tell whether a weapon has perfect forging if the description has been altered to take out "perfect"?

>> A Bard's loresong will tell which level of crafted weapon it is

It appears this feature may have been broken with some of the recent updates. The warsword in the below is definitely a perfect warsword and was altered some time ago to remove the 'perfect' text. I believe in the past the loresong would reveal a 'significant' increased effectiveness in combat.

> You glance down to see an imposing eonake warsword in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

Song 1
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the eonake warsword in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the warsword is the weight, which is about 5 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 3,300,000 silvers. You can also tell that the eonake warsword is predominantly crafted of eonake.

Though you don't yet have a full understanding of the warsword's qualities, you get the impression it would be a basic project (181 difficulty) for an adventurer to modify.
Roundtime: 15 sec.

Song 2
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the eonake warsword in your hand, and you learn something about it...

You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the warsword. You sense that this is some type of holy item. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the warsword is as some type of weapon. It has been forged by a member of the Artisan's Guild.

Song 3
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the eonake warsword in your hand...

It has a bonus of +35 from a normal warsword, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively. The warsword has no recognizable increased effectiveness in combat.

Song 4
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the eonake warsword in your hand...

It has a bonus of +35 from a normal warsword, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively. The warsword has no recognizable increased effectiveness in combat.

-- Robert

>> You tremble and can barely hold onto the mithril greataxe. You estimate it must be worth over a hundred million silvers!
Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 01:38 PM CST
Got it. Thanks for the responses.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 01:40 PM CST
I went ahead and bugged the item in game.

-- Robert

>> You tremble and can barely hold onto the mithril greataxe. You estimate it must be worth over a hundred million silvers!
Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 01:44 PM CST
Looking a different weapon it seems to work so possibly the issue is with the first item I chose to sing to.

>tap my broad
You tap a blue mithril broadsword with three brilliant yellow sunstones lining the fuller, which is in your right hand.

Song 3
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the mithril broadsword in your hand...

It has a bonus of +35 from a normal broadsword, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively. The broadsword has a significantly increased effectiveness in combat.

-- Robert

Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 02:28 PM CST
<Looking a different weapon it seems to work so possibly the issue is with the first item I chose to sing to.>

I would say it's def a problem with the item. Possibly the way it was enchanted interfered with the messaging or properties.

No one that gets their hands on an eonake slab is going to trust someone that isn't a Master of the weapon type they want to work with it. Since any weapon forged by a Master should be giving at least the "lightly increased effectiveness in combat." message from a loresong, something's happened to mess up at least the messaging, if not the properties, somewhere along the way.

I'd put in an ASSIST as well as a BUG to make sure it's just the messaging. Prolly won't be able to tell unless it's been REGISTERed every time it's been worked on, though

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 02:57 PM CST
It's definitely an issue with the sword. ASSIST has been answered and I've spent some time identifying the who, what, when, etc. of the sword's history so I'll have it ready to go when a GM responds to the Referral request.

-- Robert

Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 03:31 PM CST
This has me thinking I should REGISTER weapons I make before I put them in my shop to ensure the buyers have a record at the starting point in case they neglect to REGISTER.

Starchitin, the OG

Re: Perfect weapons 02/09/2021 03:40 PM CST
I wouldn't worry too much. This specific blade was upgraded from hefty to perfect via a merchant service at EG 2013. I think the issue is around the service work that was performed though it is currently being researched by a GM.

-- Robert