QOL request for a variety of weapon scripts (Sprite + others) 01/25/2021 05:55 AM CST
Any chance we can see the numerous weapon scripts that change the appearance of the weapon somehow work with gird/ready?

I am currently using a sprite weapon and it breaks the ready mechanics when it changes state. This makes for a much poorer experience when actually using what is otherwise a very neat item. I seem to recall similar issues with chaos weapons and immolators.

s>gird
You remove a silver-inlaid pale spiked mace from in your leather swordbelt.
You remove a marred spiked mace from in your leather swordbelt.
s>push s mace
You push your hand down the surface of your spiked mace. A small blue sprite materializes near the end of your mace. The distorted surface begins to mend as glyphs appear and fade across its surface. A final pulse of blue light reveals a glowing spiked mace. The blue sprite flits just over your shoulder.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
sR>
You sense the blue sprite flying above your shoulder draw upon your mana.
sR>glance
You glance down to see a silver-inlaid pale spiked mace in your right hand and a glowing spiked mace in your left hand.
s>sheath
You put a silver-inlaid pale spiked mace in your leather swordbelt.
s>sheath
You put a glowing spiked mace in your leather swordbelt.
s>gird
You remove a silver-inlaid pale spiked mace from in your leather swordbelt.
Could not find a marred spiked mace in your inventory.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: QOL request for a variety of weapon scripts (Sprite + others) 01/25/2021 06:53 PM CST
I realize what I'm about to say is more of a band-aid than a GM-provided solution, but I've owned many weapons over the years that changed their descriptions on the fly. What I did is either of the following: I made scripts for .sheath and .gird/.unsheath that would type "ready weapon my mace" then "sheath" and "ready weapon my mace" and "gird" - I barely had to change my muscle memory at all, and soon enough I remembered to use the .gird instead of gird. Alternately, if you use Lich, you can implement an even cleaner solution requiring no change in muscle memory by doing ;alias add gird=ready weapon my mace\r gird\r for example.

That would at least tide you over until/unless their is an official update for things like this. I