Archery Changes For Dummies 05/17/2020 03:22 PM CDT
This thread has been created so that people will have somewhere to ask whatever question about the archery changes occurs to them no matter how basic it may seem, and hopefully get an answer. There will then be a place on the Official Boards that can be returned to for reference. I will start -

When I logged out my Archer before the changes went live I had Master-Fletched Faewood Arrows w/ Steam Flares in my quiver. When I log back in....

1) What happens to them?
2) Are they still Master Fletched? But that is now +5 AvD and not +5 AS, correct? Do they change to +5 AvD? If so, for how long?
3) I have 56 of them on me. Should I keep them all in the quiver? Only keep a few? What is the difference?
4) Do they still have Steam Flares? If so, for how long?
Re: Archery Changes For Dummies 05/17/2020 06:33 PM CDT
> When I logged out my Archer before the changes went live I had Master-Fletched Faewood Arrows w/ Steam Flares in my quiver. When I log back in....

Nothing happens when you login. When you get the arrows you'll be told that they were converted. You'll also be warned about the new FLETCH verb altering their appearance.

The arrows will not have the new master charges but will retain flares and will have charges at a rate of 15 per arrow in the old bundle. So, at 56 arrows you should have 840 shots of steam flares.
Re: Archery Changes For Dummies 05/18/2020 02:56 PM CDT
The perfect thread for me, a true archery dummy.

My young ranger is an archer and has some very nice eonake arrows. So basically the arrows are worthless now?

Also, I bought some of the vaalorn arrowheads at EG, in hopes that one day she would become a master fletcher. Now that arrows aren't enchanted I don't see the return on investment. Since they are unused, can we get refunds?

Thanks,
Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."
Re: Archery Changes For Dummies 05/18/2020 08:29 PM CDT
>>So, at 56 arrows you should have 840 shots of steam flares.

Ok! After those charges are used, the the flares will just be gone? Kaput?

Avaia, player of