Magic Resistant Armaments 05/16/2020 11:42 AM CDT
If you currently have an armament (weapon, shield, or armor) that is resistant to magic, you may ASSIST to ask to speak to a GameMaster to have the item reviewed. As long as the item is not scripted with a script that necessitates the property (due to any number of thematic or technical reasons) or is made from a material that is naturally resistant to magic (veil iron, etc), we'll be willing to remove the property. This should then allow wizard characters to enchant it, sorcerers to ensorcell it, and for it to continue to be enchanted via Premium Points and other means.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Magic Resistant Armaments 05/16/2020 12:03 PM CDT
Wow.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Magic Resistant Armaments 05/16/2020 08:18 PM CDT
I have something where I had previously asked, but the item was not updated, no script, no special material, but because it was from a creature and wasn't intended to be enchanted. Should I ask again? I don't want to seem like a jerk asking possibly the same GM the same thing I just asked him two months ago.
Re: Magic Resistant Armaments 05/16/2020 11:13 PM CDT
Yes, please ask again. You will likely get a different result.
Re: Magic Resistant Armaments 05/17/2020 11:22 AM CDT

Seriously great news here.
Re: Magic Resistant Armaments 05/18/2020 04:50 PM CDT
As a point of clarification, materials such as veil iron, krodera, and kroderine are naturally resistant to magic and would not be eligible for review. Items made from urglaes, urnon, or zelnorn do not have to be explicitly flagged as magic resistant, but due to their material difficulty, they still cannot be enchanted or ensorcelled by player wizards and sorcerers. Some items are scripted which enforce magic resistance at the script level, such as coraesine.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Magic Resistant Armaments 06/14/2020 12:06 PM CDT
>> If you currently have an armament (weapon, shield, or armor) that is resistant to magic, you may ASSIST to ask to speak to a GameMaster to have the item reviewed. As long as the item is not scripted with a script that necessitates the property (due to any number of thematic or technical reasons) or is made from a material that is naturally resistant to magic (veil iron, etc), we'll be willing to remove the property.

For items that must remain resistant to magic (due to thematic or technical reason) but that would otherwise not be anti-magical (e.g. steel scripted weapons) is it safe to assume that these items will meet the requirement as an anti-magical weapon for abilities such as Spell Parry and similar?

>cman help sparry
Skill Name: Spell Parry
Mnemonic: sparry
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: None.
Other Requirements: An ensorcelled or anti-magical (veil iron/krodera/kroderine) weapon.

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.