AS/CS spells? 05/10/2022 11:49 AM CDT
With the ongoing updates to spells and effects, where +5 to AS converts to +3 to CS (60%) for a wide variety of effects, how come there are still some that have not yet made the leap?
- Bravery?
- Heroism?
- Elemental Targeting actually gives TOO MUCH of a boost to CS (currently +1, same as AS, rather than the reduction for most other things).
- Kai's Song?
- Enchant on runestaff? (Which should also add to bolt-spell AS straight up.)

Is bringing these into conformity with all of the other recent (last 5-10 years' development) on our roadmap for the future?
Re: AS/CS spells? 05/10/2022 12:23 PM CDT
Hi Krakii - I think you make an interesting point regarding Heroism, Bravery, etc. though I don't necessarily agree that all spells that provide one benefit need to provide the other at the appropriate ratio.

>> Enchant on runestaff? (Which should also add to bolt-spell AS straight up.)

Not sure how a runestaff enchant fits into the same request bucket as the spells. To the best of my knowledge, runestaff enchant bonus doesn't provide any bonus to AS or CS today. They are a defensive item with regard to the enchanting bonus. Are you suggesting that the enchant bonus on a runestaff should be applied to AS/CS instead of providing a defensive bonus to the wielder?

Personally, I could get on board with this idea but wasn't clear if that was your intent or not.

Advanced Ascension Note: This might be an interesting Ascension ability - Apply a portion of Runstave enchant to Offensive spells.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: AS/CS spells? 05/10/2022 01:42 PM CDT
"An enchantable thingie to provide offense with bolt/ball spells, in the same manner that wielded weapons do for melee," was one of the long laundry list of things that I had suggested back in the deICE discussion already. (Since I was coming into that as a Cleric who--at the time--could only single-train in that form of attack, also, I was pretty wound up about it.) Those were also fairly standard magic items in the RoleMaster milieu.
Runestaff now being a thing... it's a natural for that.
(Or maybe only the wand-holding ones, when casting their appropriate spell? While we're brainstorming, and all...)

Mostly I was asking about "intent of design", and whether those sources--and I freely admit that I may have missed/skipped over some--were expected to fall into line. Bravery/Heroism are obvious, low-hanging fruit; Kai's occurred to me only because I recently had occasion to think about just how useless ML:Telepathy ranks were looking to be if the Bard rewrite forged ahead as written.

For the record: I still feel that there should be three trainable means of attack ("weapons" in their multiplicity, "bolt/ball spells", and "warding spells") and classes be defined by how they single/multi train in each & the respective costs. No, I do not think that CS/TD should largely ("half or more" of the respective number) be level-based, but instead it should be based on trained skill.
Re: AS/CS spells? 05/10/2022 01:43 PM CDT
Oh, and: That is one FINE demonstration of some LoreSinging skill, there! :)