Shaper mass dispel 09/08/2021 03:30 PM CDT
Not sure if anyone noticed, but Shapers in the Sanctum just got a major nerf with whatever happened to mass dispel.

It only seems to target SIGNS first now, which is totally harmless in comparison to losing 520, 535, 540, or whatever.

It's also completely obviating the Drama cloak dispel protection, which I was not wearing for my testing. :/
Re: Shaper mass dispel 09/08/2021 03:40 PM CDT
For the record, the Reim Empress' mass-dispel this morning correctly hit my Arcane Decoy, then <something else>, and I think stopped at two (2).

And earlier, one of the regular Reim creatures had done another, which I believe also hit Arcane Decoy and then <something else>.

I think both of the <something else>s were minor elemental defenses, since both my I and II had shorter durations than the other spells.

So far as I noticed, neither of them hit GoS sigils, but those may be handled differently from Council signs.
Re: Shaper mass dispel 09/08/2021 04:04 PM CDT
>Shapers in the Sanctum just got a major nerf with whatever happened to mass dispel.

After the year they've had in 5121 ... they deserve it! Is it safe for a bardess to return now?! Or, what passes for safe in the Sanctum?

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Shaper mass dispel 09/09/2021 12:34 AM CDT
Bandit crystals are insane now too friend was getting stuff like this over and over even 2 times in a bandit hunt.

>Suddenly, a tiny shard of jet black crystal flies from the shadows toward you!
[SMR result: 125 (Open d100: 63)]
The crystal shatters against your body and releases a pulse of anti-magic!
Your SIGN OF SWORDS is no longer effective.
You feel drained!
Your spirits are no longer lifted by stories of Kai's Triumphs.
Your SIGN OF DEFLECTION is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF SMITING is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF DEFENDING is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF SHIELDS is no longer effective.
You feel drained!
The air stops shimmering around you.
Your SIGN OF STRIKING is no longer effective.
Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Shaper mass dispel 09/09/2021 07:46 AM CDT
>> Bandit crystals are insane now too friend was getting stuff like this over and over even 2 times in a bandit hunt.

I think level is a large factor here. What level is your friend vs. what level are the bandits?

-- Robert

>> A mongrel kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"
Re: Shaper mass dispel 09/09/2021 11:31 AM CDT
Not sure if it is related, but I had a bandit crystal hit a character this morning around 10:30 AM ET that took off somewhere between 6-8 spells. I don't log so I can't give exact details. I specifically remember it dispelling 425, 430, 503, 509, and 911. This was on a sorcerer, so the last three are outside spells. It took off at least one more spell that I don't remember, but it had to be native as this character only uses outside wizard spells. No society signs were up at the time.

Standard capped bandit hunting if that matters.
Re: Shaper mass dispel 09/12/2021 11:30 AM CDT
This (the issue of which spells/abilities are targeted, not the number of dispels) should now be resolved. The number of spells removed by bandit dispel crystals are intended. If you notice any other oddities with dispels, please let me know.

GameMaster Estild