2 second cycles 03/18/2021 02:10 PM CDT
Please reconsider the 2 second cycle DoT spells and new PSM effects. There is too much animosity from players on the receiving end of these to consider them an acceptable design. I see a number of spells that critters already cast slated for conversion to 2 second cycles.

We should be making changes that make the game more playable, not less. 2 seconds from server to client and back again, with minimal latency, is still too fast for unscripted reaction. It demands a script, and further contributes to the first-to-hit mentality -- in my mind, this is the opposite of a good design. If professions are being reviewed for DoT parity, then I'll make the unpopular suggestion that we need to nerf the original design instead of trying to copy it everywhere else. Eventually we're going to raise the bar so high that we spend more time in the game dead than alive, and nobody wants to hunt.
Re: 2 second cycles 03/18/2021 02:38 PM CDT
Welcome to my world. :(

I've been preaching against Earthen Fury since approximately 9.8 seconds after its release....
Re: 2 second cycles 03/18/2021 03:34 PM CDT
>> I've been preaching against Earthen Fury since approximately 9.8 seconds after its release....

You were 7.8 seconds (plus or minus a couple of ticks) too slow!

-- Robert

>> You consider holding hands with Guild Taskmaster Alanna. Surely your prospects can't be that dim?
Re: 2 second cycles 03/18/2021 04:24 PM CDT
Making my point exactly! Merely human speed, compounded by internet transmission, versus "server clock-cycles".

:)