Zul Logoth Hunting Grounds Concept 11/12/2021 03:44 PM CST
I have an interest in filling out the hunting zones in Zul Logoth. So I threw together a concept for how I could see it happening! Yaaaay!

My greatest worry is being seen as someone walking into the kitchen and telling the cooks how to do their job. That's not my aim. Ultimately what I hope to happen is:

A) As a current applicant, to show what I am capable of doing if I were hired to be a GM, whether this would be as a primary project or a side project.
B) In the possibility that there is already someone working on ZL's hunting zones, to share the brainstorming I did - though of course I am alright with my ideas getting changed in the final product or not being used at all.

I started by using Kraken's Fall hunting zones as a frame of reference as they they do 16-18 rooms for a hunting zone. Based on that, there's enough existing hunting areas in ZL to chop existing zones into different segments, and then just add a few more rooms to each segment.

The map I have linked below doesn't include extra rooms. It just gives an idea of which hunting zones could be where and is color coded.
I also didn't include the Kiramon hunting grounds because I wanted to see what kind of feedback I'd get on this map first.

Zul Logoth Map with Hunting Concept:
https://imgur.com/a/9HotIdO

I've put together a document going through each hunting ground here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pX85t8E221ETK-BHY5RDsKvykVDT8MaNWrbnJG9rUkQ/edit?usp=sharing

I could go further with this, but I wanted to see first what kind of feedback I'd get. The next thing I would do would be to research typical AS/DS/CS/TD of players at each respective level and balance the creatures accordingly. After that, I'd look at adjusting foraging bounties to suit the new level ranges of the hunting grounds.

Anyway, curious to see what kind of feedback I get on this. I can make changes to the document as well if others have further ideas. Thanks for checking this out!

Well, if this was a normal sail sewing festivity, I'd pin it in place and sew it proper, but ain't nobody got time for that.
-Eni, from Calligos Isle