Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/16/2021 07:29 PM CDT
Maaghara Tower's hunting area has taken into account today's waistlines and greased the exiting a little, while also deciding to allow locates to peek within. Perhaps it's gotten enough player mulch recently?

You know who you are.

Sanctum of Scales, [Fangs of the Serpent, Gateway] has weakened over time and should now allow magic to be used.

Old Ta'Faendryl is getting... older. The constructs have the ability to block a corpse from being dragged only once within a reasonable time frame. The heroic will find this helpful during rescues.

The Rift has been especially chaotic lately with multiple changes!

* GROUPS can now enter the Rift together. *Qualifications to enter still apply.

* The spirit loss that sometimes hits the unfortunate heading into the Rift has been tamed a bit.

* Bards should no longer immediately lose their spellsongs when swimming in the Rift AND can now anchor themselves to the Cavern of Ages for Traveler's Song (1020).

* Nexus gems can now be set to the Cavern of Ages and used from within the Rift and Scatter to get there, with all other restrictions to them still applying.

* Most teleport spells used within the Rift will now return casters to the Cavern of Ages instead of other random Rift areas.

* Eye-of-Koar emeralds will continue to take groups to Icemule Trace, but now without silver costs, although the gem WILL be sacrificed in payment.

* The stinky box on Plane 5 will now drop the bodies shoved within directly into the Cavern of Ages. Players should beware of falling corpses there.

~Dev Team (with special thanks to GM Aulis for his consistantly positive support)
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/16/2021 07:53 PM CDT

Those are some very nice changes. Thumbs-up. :)
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/16/2021 10:32 PM CDT
<Most teleport spells used within the Rift will now return casters to the Cavern of Ages instead of other random Rift areas.>

OMG I love you! The struggle to get off Plane 5 without leaving half my loot behind has been making me not want to play my sorcerer!

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/16/2021 11:33 PM CDT

Great changes! Any intention in also allowing a paladin's Aid the Fallen (1613) also to anchor in Cavern of Ages for the rift?
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 09:12 AM CDT
Some very odd things with the rift. The sphere is taking me to a random plane when going east. I lost 4 spirit which has never happened before. The max you could go down to is 7 and I got down to 6. Not sure if this was intended but that is a bit more punishing then it was before.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 09:25 AM CDT
Yep, confirmed. Well - except the extra spirit drain point.

Can this be checked?

Doug
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 01:59 PM CDT

Confirmed on the spirit drain and I seems to take less East moves.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 03:17 PM CDT
I can confirm the 4 spirit drain as well.... I noticed it early this morning but figured it was just a fluke since I've never been 100% sure if spirit loss was actually limited to 3 or if it was just a coincidence I never went below 7.

If it's a trade-off for Symbol of Return dropping me in the Cavern, I'll gladly accept, though.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 04:05 PM CDT
Oh, oh. . . imagine MY surprise when. . .

>resource
Health: 164/164 Mana: 406/406 Stamina: 118/118 Spirit: 7/12

I'd be happy to support the . . . hmm. . . rogue non-gnome type.

But 5 spirit is just a BIT too much to accept. Especially for the Elf.

Doug
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 05:46 PM CDT

<< The sphere is taking me to a random plane when going east. >>

I think it may not be random.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 06:07 PM CDT
Well I been dropped on plane 1, 2, or 3 when going east all day. Feels random but if there is some weird reason it is not that be nice to know. It used to just drop you on plane 3 every time.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 06:49 PM CDT

Add in, sure..33 steps vs. 20. but when you have to do it 3-4 or even 5 times. to land on plane 3 (instead of plane 1). thats now 60+ chances to get drained.

put the puzzle back the way it was. or at least fix it so it is not random.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 08:11 PM CDT

* >>The spirit loss that sometimes hits the unfortunate heading into the Rift has been tamed a bit.<<

Not so much. My character is 11/11. The first time after the changes she lost none. The second time, she came out 6/11.

This is not an improvement, I'm very disappointed.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 09:10 PM CDT
So as others have said, my hunting in the rift has gone belly-up as of these changes. I can't reliably get out on Plane 3 anymore, which is no go.

Do you have more documentation about this change?

[Yavs | WL snake-loving Empath]
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 10:30 PM CDT

this is a FAIL

Spirit: 7/12

loss of 5 spirit.. oh give me a break
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/17/2021 10:57 PM CDT
This change is pretty buggy. Next time, can we please get this sort of broad update deployed to the test server before pushing it live?
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/18/2021 09:47 AM CDT
Hey all. I just wanted to say I've heard the feedback and concerns over the Rift changes on the forums and Discord. We are looking into them!
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/18/2021 10:39 PM CDT
* The spirit loss that sometimes hits the unfortunate heading into the Rift has been tamed a bit.

GS4-IVRY - Hey all. I just wanted to say I've heard the feedback and concerns over the Rift changes on the forums and Discord. We are looking into them!

Thank you! Yes I'm trying to hunt in the rift and it's taking away 4 spirit each time.

Jara
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/19/2021 03:05 AM CDT
I dunno if anything's been changed to address the spirit loss issue yet, but yesterday evening when I was hunting the Rift my spirit loss was between 0 and 3 when entering (only saw 3 once, the others were all less then that). Entered about 6 times total and all the entries were faster then usual... though that could just be a fluke cause I've had runs like that before.

Starchitin, the OG

Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/19/2021 07:09 AM CDT
While I love the idea that went into making these changes, I find the end result extremely disappointing. Particularly in relation to OTF. The sole change being that constructs only SOMETIMES stop dragging? No other changes such as the fogging location, or the aqueduct accessability, etc? Very disappointed at the lack of meaningful impact, particularly in the EN which seems to be a general trend for new developments as of late.
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/19/2021 01:19 PM CDT
Rift Plane 3 should be more easily accessible once again.

Stay tuned for more soon.

~GM Ivry
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/19/2021 03:48 PM CDT
Spirit draining now only happens when entering the Rift instead of while wandering within the maze. Players can lose 1-2 spirit per entry, so please plan accordingly. *All group members will also be eligible for spirit loss.

~GM Ivry
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/19/2021 03:54 PM CDT
Thanks for the review and change, Ivry.

Imagine my surprise when I dropped through the maze in under 10 steps! /gasp

Doug
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 07/21/2021 02:05 AM CDT
Woo hoo!! Thank you so much! Yes, everything is working better now. You & Team are appreciated! <3

Jara
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 08/11/2021 12:01 PM CDT
Paladins "Aid the Fallen" spell (1613) has been added!

Anchoring within the Cavern of Ages will now transport the unfortunately fallen adventurer to safety from inside the Rift and Scatter.

~GM Ivry
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 08/17/2021 12:46 PM CDT
Ithzir armor has been updated to work within the Rift/Scatter.

Enjoy!

~GM Ivry

Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 08/17/2021 09:54 PM CDT
Thanks, I know this has been a for some owners for many years.

Can a toggle be added while attention is on the script to on/off fog moving? Also a way to check current charges/better analyze (not all verb traps are included for example).
Re: Entry, Exit, and Teleportation review is live. 09/28/2021 01:08 PM CDT

Aid the Fallen (1613)

A sneaky little bug was submitted (Thank you!) and fixed up.

If you have anchored within the Rift areas "Cavern of Ages" successfully, it should now show as a valid anchor point within range when casting Aid the Fallen (1613) without a target and from within the Rift.

~GM Ivry