Venom spit hitting on less than 100 roll - bug or feature? 05/20/2021 10:30 PM CDT
I'm already loving the loss of SMR defense from the PSM changes for my warmage. Went from around 15% chance to get hit, to around a 25% chance. Lovely times it is with that loss....

But how about the venom spit still hitting me on a less than 100 roll? Bug or feature?

I see how I "blocked" the venom with my shield - this isn't the first time I've seen it happen - however, this is the first time I've taken damage from a roll that was under 100. Also, I'm not sure where the Bonus: 1 came from. I wasn't wounded. I had full health....only thing I can think of is that I had a minor scar on my left arm. Last I recall, minor scars were not supposed to play any kind of hinderance....has that changed?

[SMR result: 99 (Open d100: 75, Bonus: 1)]
A black forest viper rises up and spits a glob of disgusting white spittle directly at your eyes!
You twist your body and jerk your glowbark shield up to deflect the viscous glob! Most of the spittle splatters on the surface of your shield, but you are unable to avoid the vile fluid completely.
... 4 points of damage!
Acid reaches the chest causing a nasty rash!
Roundtime: 2 sec.

If this is a feature, it's a rather shitty feature. I can understand if the endroll result was 101....hell, maybe even 100. But it was 99. None of my attacks cause damage on targets if an endroll is under 100.
Re: Venom spit hitting on less than 100 roll - bug or feature? 05/21/2021 05:50 AM CDT
I had asked recently--in KrakiiTime, that boils down to "in the last 18 months" or so--about something that had also affected me on less-than-100, possibly a Feint or a Shield <something, like Charge or Bash>, and was told by players that yeah, some times that happens.
So the "You didn't get a 101, neener!" is not always a perfect defense against whatever they're doing.

Can't help with where the Bonus comes from, since there's a lot of factors there.
Re: Venom spit hitting on less than 100 roll - bug or feature? 05/21/2021 08:39 AM CDT
>I had asked recently--in KrakiiTime, that boils down to "in the last 18 months" or so--about something that had also affected me on less-than-100, possibly a Feint or a Shield <something, like Charge or Bash>, and was told by players that yeah, some times that happens.

That changed in the last 18 months and a whole lot of them got removed, and any critter maneuvers that still do that should be BUGged.

I'm unclear on whether the CML should have had its features that cause effects at less than 101 removed after it transitioned to SMR rolls, (they weren't) but the critter ones are bugs.
Re: Venom spit hitting on less than 100 roll - bug or feature? 05/21/2021 05:07 PM CDT
<I had asked recently--in KrakiiTime, that boils down to "in the last 18 months" or so--about something that had also affected me on less-than-100, possibly a Feint or a Shield <something, like Charge or Bash>, and was told by players that yeah, some times that happens.>

That was feint, and never was a fan.

I agree this damage producing result should not happen with <100 endrolls.