Fhorian Village - Straight Outta 1997 02/28/2021 01:53 PM CST
Getting assigned 12 sand devils by the AG is kinda like being told to go find a unicorn IRL. I hunted 20 minutes and didn't see one devil. The overall spawn rates for this whole zone seem very out of wack and generally abysmally low. The creatures are also (I believe) non-BCS. Any chance this area will ever join us in GS4? :)
Re: Fhorian Village - Straight Outta 1997 03/01/2021 12:09 AM CST
Hmm. I'm not sure of what is going on for you. I had a character hunting Sand Devils just a couple of months ago, and I had no trouble finding them. I don't recall ever going more than 30 or so seconds without finding one and frequently had three or so in the area at once. They are pretty tough due to the automatic sandstorm attack, so if I were still hunting there, I don't know that I'd want to have the gen rate turned up much.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Fhorian Village - Straight Outta 1997 03/01/2021 05:37 AM CST
They don't gen everywhere, there are particular parts of the village you need to go to get them to spawn. If you are moving in and out of their zone, and there's no one else in their zone to keep spawning switched on, the overall rate will be terrible because you'll keep switching them off. However if people are staying in the devil zone, the spawn rate is pretty high and they rampage all over the village, not just the rooms they spawn in.
Re: Fhorian Village - Straight Outta 1997 03/01/2021 06:21 AM CST
<If you are moving in and out of their zone, and there's no one else in their zone to keep spawning switched on, the overall rate will be terrible because you'll keep switching them off.>

There's a number of critters like this.... I see people in the Citadel all the time wandering the entire place looking for swordsmen, but they only spawn when there's someone in the dungeon.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.