Snow Crones 01/03/2021 02:38 PM CST
Snow crones on the Glatoph, Glacier in the Wehnimer's Landing environs have had their spawn rates increased significantly from the previously very low rate. This should make them a more worthy Adventurer's Guild bounty target. Note that the rooms that they spawn in have not changed.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Snow Crones 01/03/2021 05:57 PM CST
>Snow crones on the Glatoph, Glacier in the Wehnimer's Landing environs have had their spawn rates increased significantly from the previously very low rate. This should make them a more worthy Adventurer's Guild bounty target.

The young apprentice bardess in me CRINGED reading that.

Snow Crones were what drove me from the Landing back in ... 2015. I died so many times there I nearly up and quit.

I'd go on my Ice Troll bounty, and snow crones, who must have been 10 levels above, would WASTE me before I could even get out of a swinging RT.

Since it was the only place I could find Ice Trolls, and since SURELY it must be do-able, I kept going back.

Yeah ... nearly quit.

Someone might want to reconsider the combo now that they are even more populous. Maybe if I'd been of a level to hunt and defend against the crones, it would not be such a stinging memory.

Luxie still goes back a few times a year and lays waste to every snow crone she can find.

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Snow Crones 01/03/2021 09:01 PM CST
<I'd go on my Ice Troll bounty, and snow crones, who must have been 10 levels above, would WASTE me before I could even get out of a swinging RT.>

Heh, I had a similar experience with cave bear bounties in RR and troll chieftains wandering in and smooshing me... Then when I was of a level to hunt the chieftains, they turned out to have such a low spawn rate I couldn't fry while doing bounties for them cause the other critters were 7 and 10 levels below them.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Snow Crones 01/04/2021 07:05 PM CST
I read this as "Snow Cones" and clicked to see if there was some new frozen treat vendor. :)
Re: Snow Crones 01/05/2021 12:02 AM CST
This is a good change for those with Adventurer's Guild bounties. I used to hate waiting an eternity for the crones to occasionally spawn.
Re: Snow Crones 01/07/2021 12:36 AM CST

Can we get some more frozen zombies while you're at it? :D