Frozen Bramble Patch Updates 01/01/2021 07:42 PM CST
The Frozen Bramble Patch hunting ground in the Icemule Trace environs has received the following updates:

1) The spawn rates have been reduced slightly.

2) The creatures will no longer attempt to use a maneuver attack on every action.

3) Their maneuvers should no longer apply roundtime to the target when the target successfully avoids the maneuver.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Frozen Bramble Patch Updates 01/03/2021 11:11 AM CST
the ridiculous searching using a handaxe needs to be looked at. the fact you get a hand injury on every creature makes it purely a hunt only event. Similar to Glacei but at least those are mixed in with normal creatures. still un-huntable given the silly searching restrictions. bad enough you can get hurt by the briars entering or leaving the area. It's a great start
Re: Frozen Bramble Patch Updates 01/03/2021 08:58 PM CST

I'm sure that the bramble patch is one of the least hunted areas in all of elanthia. It's not because of the manuvers or spawn rates. It's because no one wants to deal with the hand injuries from searching and skinning. Please remove them.

-signed everyone
Re: Frozen Bramble Patch Updates 01/05/2021 07:11 AM CST
The bramble patch is one of my favorite spots in Elanthia. I respectfully ask that it not be dummied down any further. If people want a less challenging area, there are many other places they can go.

I think sometimes people have an idea that a bramble patch is a path with overgrowth on either side, simple to navigate. Not so, at least for our local bramble patches.

I had a motorcycle accident where I was tossed into a roadside briar patch once. There is no path, unless you are a tiny creature, perhaps the size of a bird, rabbit, or snake.

The whole patch seems to part for your entry, and then enclose you to trap you. 75% of what you dare to touch will either leave you stabbed by long woody thorns, or scratched up Freddy Krueger style. There are not only thorny bushes, but also vines that have less visible but still sharp thorns. In the bramble patch that I was thrown into, there were also plants that caused blisters on my skin, and to this day, I do not know what plant that was.

I like the way the bramble patch in IMT is realistic (and probably was more realistic before these changes). IMT's bramble patch is supposed to be enchanted, the plants having intelligence. That is half the fun of it: horror plant vs. person. The other half of the fun is just learning to survive in there, and being able to say, hey, I did it.

Even my dumb bramble plants were able to singlehandedly keep a motorcycle and me pinned down until a nearby farmer heard me yelling for help. The briars and/or thorns scratched up the farmer too, and he wasn't even stuck in the bramble patch.

I appreciate the changes made, which will make it a bit less easy to die in the bramble patch. But injuries should still abound there, IMO.

I realize that I am only one opinion, but I'd appreciate people not signing posts for "everyone" because it is misleading.

Thanks.
-C-
Re: Frozen Bramble Patch Updates 01/05/2021 08:44 AM CST
>If people want a less challenging area, there are many other places they can go.

There sure are.

>I realize that I am only one opinion, but I'd appreciate people not signing posts for "everyone" because it is misleading.

You are not alone in your opinion. So much of the game is face-roll easy. Having a few places that aren't is refreshing.

Avaia, player of
Re: Frozen Bramble Patch Updates 01/07/2021 05:36 AM CST
Maybe as a go between they can do something like if you are trained in survival... the higher number of ranks you have the less of a chance to get wounded when searching.... like X amount of ranks reduces injury chance by X percent? Hidden roll??

GS4 Characters:
Aar, Bovine, Nemasea