HARDCORE Monthly Contest: February 01/30/2019 11:15 AM CST
The month of February will be the first HARDCORE monthly competition for this year.

TL DR - Post here or in the Discord (https://discordapp.com/channels/2260...30597200019463) with your new character's info AFTER 12 AM February 1st to enter. Get as far as you can while observing HC rules (available here: https://gswiki.play.net/Prime_HARDCORE) in order to win.

The official rules for the competition are posted below, but REMEMBER, all rules are subject to change. I do my very best to keep things fun and fair, but I cannot foresee every situation and am far from perfect. If you have questions/comments/concerns, please ask them here or in the Discord and I will address them to the best of my abilities.

Explanation - The concept of a season within HARDCORE is to provide a recurring challenge to see who can advance the furthest from level 0 the fastest in one month's time. Each season will start at 12:00 AM on the first of the month and ending 11:59 PM on the last day. A new character must be created for each season, though said character can then transition to the standard HARDCORE competition upon the season's end. Other than the restrictions on when your character is created, all other rules of HARDCORE apply. Your character does not need to survive to the end of the season in order to be eligible to win.

Entry Rules - Characters made after the 1st of the month and deemed as meeting the standards of the competition will be automatically entered into the competition. The "best effort" will either be the last information I have recorded on the entrant before the deadline, OR a post must be made marking your character’s name, a readout of the TIME command, and a readout of the EXPERIENCE command to indicate the character fits within the allotted time constraints of the current season. Your post may be made on the Official forums in the HARDCORE folder, The Discord, or on the PC in the appropriate thread. YOUR POST(or Discord chat) MUST BE MADE NO MORE THAN 24 HOURS AFTER THE END OF THE COMPETITION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED ELIGIBLE VIA THIS METHOD.

Winning Entry – The winning entry will be decided by who among the eligible entries with valid submissions has reached the highest level in the allotted time. If two or more contestants are the same level, the entrant with the most experience shall be considered the winner. In the event of a tie, both entries will be awarded first place. The same standard will be used to determined the 2nd place contestant. A contestant will only count for one bracket, either F2P or Overall. Only F2P accounts can be considered for the F2P bracket.

Prizes Pt. 1 – Prizes will be awarded to the winning contestant(s) as so long as there is at least one participant who meets the entrance and submission qualifications listed above. Seasonal prizes are in addition to any standard HARDCORE prizes, meaning the participant will receive the standard 1 million silver reward for reaching level 20 should he or she manage to do so during the course of a season.

Prizes Pt. 2 – The 1st place contestant of the HARDCORE seasonal contest will receive 4 million silver (or a roughly equivalent prize of my choosing) which will be awarded to a non-HARDCORE character of their choosing and have their efforts recorded on the HARDCORE Leaderboard. The 2nd place finisher will receive 1 million silver (or a roughly equivalent prize of my choosing) which will be awarded to a non-HARDCORE character of their choosing and also have their efforts recorded on the HARDCORE Leaderboard.

Stipulations – At this time, entrants into the HARDCORE seasonal contest cannot make use of any achievement-based “Unlockables”, or any other starting advantages. This and all other rules are subject to alteration at any point in the contest. Though highly unlikely, I also reserve the right to disqualify any participant and/or cancel the contest for any reason.

F2P characters are in a separate bracket than paid characters, so no worries about being outclassed if you wish to try your luck with a freebie account. I may decide to award Bloodscript or a Gift of Adventurer in lieu of silver depending on the circumstances.

Good luck and have fun!

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: HARDCORE Monthly Contest: February 01/30/2019 11:56 AM CST
When you compile stats, are the February winners going to have an asterisk (like the Home Run entries), due to a shorter season?
Re: HARDCORE Monthly Contest: February 01/31/2019 01:57 PM CST
>When you compile stats, are the February winners going to have an asterisk (like the Home Run entries), due to a shorter season?

Nope. They're all HARDCORE, though, so they're used to roughing it.

!>tell child to be quiet
Re: HARDCORE Monthly Contest: February 02/01/2019 08:41 AM CST
The February competition has begun with two official entrants already, Esseker and Hrosa (F2P). Best of luck to all who start in on HC this month!

!>tell child to be quiet
Re: HARDCORE Monthly Contest: February 03/01/2019 10:19 AM CST
It came down to the wire, but it appears Korrogan won this month's seasonal competition at level 11, with a total of 162,193 exp. Kardalior came in second also at level 11 with 149,021 exp. Congrats to both of them.

!>tell child to be quiet