RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/19/2018 09:32 AM CDT
Posion and LNet - A slow and insideous killer...

>kneel
You kneel down.

>put RIGHT in my leather sheath
You put a bone-hilted golvern broadsword in your leather sheath.

>get drake dagger from my goat gloves
You remove a drake dagger from in your goat hide gloves.

>skin fung
Your hand is caught by a barb under the mushroom cap!
You feel a fierce poison coursing through your veins!
You skinned the shimmering fungus, yielding a fungal cap.

>search fung
You search the shimmering fungus.
It had nothing of interest.
A shimmering fungus suddenly dissolves away before your eyes!

>put drake dagger in my goat gloves
You put a drake dagger in your goat hide gloves.

>get golvern broadsword from my leather sheath
You remove a bone-hilted golvern broadsword from in your leather sheath.

>stand
You stand back up.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

>put golvern greatshield in my backpack
You put a golvern greatshield in your red velvet backpack.

>get cap
You pick up a fungal cap.

>put cap in my red backpack
You put a fungal cap in your red velvet backpack.

>get golvern greatshield from my backpack
You remove a golvern greatshield from in your red velvet backpack.

>stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.

>look
[Wraithenmist, Crooked Fork]
The faint trail branches off in three directions, each leading back into the thick forest, from this small clearing. A single spot of sky is visible through a break in the trees directly above, allowing a narrow shaft of daylight to penetrate the clearing. You also see a maw spore.
Obvious paths: north, southeast, southwest

>sw
[Wraithenmist, Narrow Trail]
The trail wends its way among the towering trees, the worn groove of its delineation barely visible beneath the thick underbrush. No light penetrates the canopy of boughs above, making it difficult to tell if it is day or night. Rocks covered with the strange glowing lichen litter the ground beneath the trees. You also see a shimmering fungus.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest

The air abruptly grows cold, the shadows suddenly seem alive.

>sw
The occasional call of a bird is the only sound that disturbs the eerie silence of the forest. An oddly luminescent moss grows on the tree trunks, covering the bark in areas as large as the span of a hand. You also see an ancient tree that has fallen across the trail.
Obvious paths: northeast

The thickening mist swirls throughout the area, its tendrils entwining about every object it reaches in a clammy caress. As the mist obscures your vision, the area becomes somewhat darker.

>look
The occasional call of a bird is the only sound that disturbs the eerie silence of the forest. An oddly luminescent moss grows on the tree trunks, covering the bark in areas as large as the span of a hand. You also see an ancient tree that has fallen across the trail.
Obvious paths: northeast

Me, standing in a quiet area and helping someone with a question on LNet.

Your internal strength fully recovers from your most recent attempt to tap into it.

Suddenly, small writhing tendrils of shadow reach out towards you!
You deftly avoid the writhing tendrils of shadow.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 13 mins...

The chill in the air fades.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/19/2018 10:15 AM CDT
A life lived, and given, in service.

She'll be remembered forever.

/cough

Ok, what's next, Robert?!

Doug
Re: RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/19/2018 10:25 AM CDT
Hah!

I haven't decided yet. Presently considering a paladin or a warmage. I'm going to noodle on it for a few days and see what sticks.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/19/2018 10:32 AM CDT
Good, good.

If I were being honest with myself, that's why I run two characters at a time in HC. I do ultimately hope to be able to team them up with others on the elder hunts, but honestly. . . the pain of focusing on one and losing that one would likely cause me to visit the fetal position for a time.

With two, I have other business to attend.

Glad you're considering other options!

Doug
Re: RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/19/2018 10:53 AM CDT
The loss was bittersweet... and I feel stupid for the way she died (though not many people can claim being slain by a shimmering fungus I suspect).

It does make me think there should be some sort of messaging about not feeling so well when poison drops you below a certain point (but that is a different topic altogether!)

I went into this expecting to die / delete at some point so it is nothing I am going to lose any sleep over. :-) It really was a lot of fun and a shield-warrior wasn't something I had played to date. They're a very strong character option!

-- Robert

Re: RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/19/2018 11:00 AM CDT
Ouch.

I've caught myself doing that on Discord a couple of times. So far I've got away with it, but I have taken my eye off the SF part of the screen long enough for something fatal to happen. There are nasty enough things in the Bog to do that to Ardkor if I didn't catch them.

Also, is that fungus poison some special script? It shows up on my prompt when I'm poisoned or diseased by standard means, so there's a continuing reminder of it. The Bog leeches just sit there sucking my blood till I notice the messaging or my health bar not being full, they don't show up on the prompt, but the Bog mosquito disease does.
Re: RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/19/2018 11:09 AM CDT
I don't have any prompt indicators on (just shows ">" all of the time). Possibly something I will change for my next character if that is a Wizard FE option! On initial review of the SET options and interface I don't see that this is a Wizard FE option (but I could easily be missing something).

It will show poisoned after I've lost some health as a small P near the top of my screen. The challenge with the cap poison is that it will do 30-something per pulse dropping at 3 per pulse so if you don't notice it, it will kill you fairly quickly.

Normally I would catch it on the health bar (also at the top of my screen but I was focused on the thought screen and my Game window trying to figure out lich syntax for someone. Quiet room, nothing going on, what could happen? :p

-- Robert

Re: RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/19/2018 11:41 AM CDT
>>Possibly something I will change for my next character if that is a Wizard FE option!

In Wizard, CONFIGURATION -> OPTIONS - check the SHOW STATUS PROMPT box -> OK

Doug
Re: RIP - Lady Khrayla 08/20/2018 05:38 PM CDT

>> It really was a lot of fun and a shield-warrior wasn't something I had played to date. They're a very strong character option!

ayup!

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)