Qstrike uestion 06/28/2020 08:01 PM CDT
OK, if I recall, Qstrike used to be a combat command that you could only use if you had the CMan Striking Asp up and running. Then it was amended so that
anyone could use it. To clarify: I am trying to determine the stamina cost difference between the two uses. Using Qstrike with Asp active costs less stamina, depending on ranks known (1/3, 1/2 and 2/3 reductions to the base cost).

To do this I need to know the base stamina cost. However, when I try to determine the base cost, I am given this formula:

Equipment Speed = Weapon Speed * Speed Modifier (as outlined above)
Stamina cost = (10 + (primary equipment speed + (secondary equipment speed / 2))) * Roundtime Modifier

I need some help with definitions here.
Line 1: What is the weapon speed modifier? Performing an action that increases RT, like aiming an attack or an MStrike?
Line 2: What is primary equipment? The weapon itself? And what the heck is Secondary equipment? Armor? Add-ons? Enhancives? I have no clue.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville;
we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Qstrike uestion 06/29/2020 09:22 AM CDT
Actually, it used to be its own standalone CMan, and they changed it so that anyone could just use it as a verb.

After the Martial Stances were added, Striking Asp was used to take advantage of it.

Primary/Secondary equipment refers to Two Weapon combat: primary is right-hand, secondary is left-hand.

I believe the 'speed modifier' is the 'base speed' listing on the weapon base profile, such as "+5" for a falchion/handaxe/broadsword.
Re: Qstrike uestion 06/29/2020 03:30 PM CDT
>?Primary/Secondary equipment refers to Two Weapon combat: primary is right-hand, secondary is left-hand.

I believe the 'speed modifier' is the 'base speed' listing on the weapon base profile, such as "+5" for a falchion/handaxe/broadsword."<

OK, another clarification needed. Would secondary equipment refer only to weapons, or to anything held in the left hand ... specifically, a shield?

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville;
Re: Qstrike uestion 06/29/2020 03:49 PM CDT
Are you QStriking with the shield? No. You are QStriking with the weapon, or--when using Two-Weapon combat--both weapons.

Note that there is a CMan/ShieldMan that uses the shield first, then gives you an attack.

Note further that the verb QStrike can be used to activate that CMan/ShieldMan, whatever it is...
...but you are subject to the RT of that Maneuver (be it of type Combat or Shield), which is then modified by the QStrike quickening that you apply (to an absolute time value, or by a relative 'minus X').
Re: Qstrike uestion 06/29/2020 07:55 PM CDT
I was thinking of shield bash, which is indeed an offensive attack form.

Re: Qstrike uestion 06/29/2020 08:31 PM CDT
Just a point of clarification, the weapon speed modifier refers to Ranged weapons and Two-Handed Weapons which have a modifier of 2.5x and 1.5x respectively. If you are not using either of those forms of combat during your quickstrike the stamina cost is (base weapon speed in the attack) + 10 for each second of RT you wish to remove. Note, If a combat maneuver doesn't use any equipment (e.g., sweep, dirtkick, barehanded feint, etc.) then it has speed 0. Shields have a speed of (2 * shield_size). Here are some examples:

Weapon Base Speed Stamina Cost per second
Short Sword 3 13
Handaxe 5 15
Falchion + Falchion 7 17
Longbow 4 20
Claidhmore 8 22
Lance 9 23