Ascension Resistances 01/09/2021 11:39 AM CST
Question about how Ascension resistances work with padded armor / armor accessories.

If I have crit padding on my armor and 5% of an appropriate resistance for an attack (let's assume both the armor and the resistance would come into play), is the padding and my resistance halved, similar to if I was wearing an armor accessory with resistance or would the armor padding and the 5% resistance each be applied at their normal value, and separately? And if separately, which order would they be applied in?

I am considering learning some resistances over time but I don't want to find out that I have halved the effectiveness of my armor padding by taking a 1% resistance to an attack.

-- Robert

>> [You have failed your current Adventurer's Guild task.]
Re: Ascension Resistances 01/09/2021 05:41 PM CST
I don't have a cite, but my recollection is that they said you get ONE (the highest).
Re: Ascension Resistances 01/12/2021 02:08 AM CST
"You get one", is how resistances affect one another. The highest positive is offset by the worst negative and the rest are ignored.

The general way in which padding and resistance interact is that if they come from separate places the resistance wrecks the padding. Its why I ignore WPS. I have multiple sources of resistance, so any padding is going to get wrecked and since padding also wrecks warrior resistance I'd hurt my resistance as well as getting half value for padding.

If ascension resistance isn't a special case, it'll wreck your padding.
Re: Ascension Resistances 01/12/2021 08:05 AM CST
>> If ascension resistance isn't a special case, it'll wreck your padding.

That's my expectation. I'm was hoping a NIR would be willing to confirm this either way. Doesn't seem like a mechanic that should be a mystery.

-- Robert

>> Tarence stares at you.
Re: Ascension Resistances 01/12/2021 01:02 PM CST
I hope you get an answer, but it could be tested fairly easily with some somewhat damage padded armor.
Re: Ascension Resistances 07/31/2021 09:28 AM CDT
It's been about 6 months so bumping this question again and I'll try asking it differently.

How are Ascension resistances applied in the real world? If I have 10% resistance to a type of attack does it always take 10% off or can it be reduced by things like wearing armor with padding or resistances?

>> From Rathboner: The general way in which padding and resistance interact is that if they come from separate places the resistance wrecks the padding.

Is this correct for Ascension resistances as well? Would having Ascension Resistance have a negative impact on my padded armor?

-- Robert

>> A mongrel kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"