Re: Paladin Path Ideas 03/03/2020 10:54 AM CST
Great ideas. Few tweaks I'd suggest.

<c. Legendary - "Deus Ex": Once per day, a blow or attack that would result in the paladin's death is negated. Instead, the paladin is teleported to the nearest safe area.
Instead of teleporting the paladin to a safe haven, add +100 DS/TD/SMRv2 for a duration of 60 seconds. During storylines, invasions, group hunting a teleport could be problematic. I envision an ability that allows the paladin to persevere.

<Active - The paladin issues a challenge to all monsters in the area. Spawn rate is slightly increased, and monsters in adjacent rooms to the paladin leave what they are doing to come fight the paladin if possible.
I love the idea, but it could be really irritating for other players to have their creatures pulled away.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Paladin Path Ideas 03/03/2020 11:08 AM CST
Its a good point on Deus Ex.
As for the Aura of Challenge, I actually want people to come chase their mobs. It's a bit of good flavor to "Hear the horn of Boromir" and walk into watching an epic battle. Maybe even a bit risky considering some of our AoEs aren't player friendly...