(no subject) 03/02/2020 04:48 PM CST
Some of these are going to be repeats I'm sure but random things for bards...

Vibmister/mistress: 1002 is able to work on armor accessories (with a minor penalty) or metal armors (major penalty) if no weapons or shields are held, with further ranks able to decrease the penalty

Purified!: 1004 has a doubled effect (Leafi said this one, but oh my the time it would save for something with no mechanical benefit!)

Semi-Solid Sound: Dispels will not affect sonic gear

Air Cushion: 1014's penalty against impact reduced/removed

Experienced Traveller: 1020's base failure chance reduced

Powerful Singer: 1018 loses the random failure on renew chance (clashing still applies!)

Shout from the diaphragm: 1040 can be used with 1 second of RT per rank

Group Melody: Each bard singing 1006 in a group increases the chance for it to proc by 5%, additionally each bard singing 1007 in a group increases the AS boost by 5

Mirror Mirror: Unintelligent creatures will sometimes attack illusions as if they were another group member

And for a Ranger I know:

Packmaster: Summoning 3 additional animal companions of the same type that you currently have summoned for 1 minute
Re: (no subject) 03/04/2020 05:06 AM CST
At first I was like...why would you want 1002 to work on other things besides weapons/shields as in a fight that is what you mostly want gone to help combat. But then I thought it might be nice for low level "pure" bards that want to use a 2 mana spell to continue doing damage magically (like 702/302) before they get the necessary lores to use 1030 focused.

I would like to add on my suggestion of allowing an ascended skill that either takes away the 1004 option to orb a gem (hate when I orb a diamond at 4k) or boost your chance (when you just really need that orb for a chrism) to orb a gem.

Love semi-solid sound.

Would also love to see an option to, at the very least, allow bards to continue casting when their own 1017 is up. Call it...earplugs or tinnitus or something.
Re: (no subject) 03/04/2020 08:26 AM CST
"At first I was like...why would you want 1002 to work on other things besides weapons/shields as in a fight that is what you mostly want gone to help combat. But then I thought it might be nice for low level "pure" bards that want to use a 2 mana spell to continue doing damage magically (like 702/302) before they get the necessary lores to use 1030 focused." -- Jason13828

Only some creatures wear accessories (helm, either greaves, aventail) with their armor, but yes, against them you could get some extra bonus rounds.

Primarily, I've been looking at it as a way to destroy their ARMOR... and maybe swing the CS/warding meter around by quite a bit more towards our favor.
(Go from -13 CvA for full plate up to +25 for stark nekkid, and all that.)

I also would not mind at all if the crits inflicted by anything WORN--accessories, the base armor itself, and even a shield (when slung, such as Champions do when they grab a bow that's on the ground in the Arena)--were to inflict its VibeChant crit on one of the covered locations first, if still available.
(So blowing up a helm could do a head/either eye crit; blowing up an aventail would be neck; coif/greathelm would be head/neck/either eye; armor could be torso [chest/back/abs]; worn shield would be back or left arm; arm greaves could be "that arm or that hand", and leg greaves "that leg". If the body part is already missing, then random assignment as usual.)