Grand Master Forgers? 12/06/2021 12:23 PM CST
There must be a bunch of them in the realm.

As I approach that status, I was wondering how many there are.

>art skil
In the skill of forging - crafting, you are a master with 500 ranks.
In the skill of forging - one handed edged, you are a master with 500 ranks.
In the skill of forging - one handed blunt, you are a master with 500 ranks.
In the skill of forging - two handed weapons, you are a master with 500 ranks.
In the skill of forging - pole arms, you are a highly skilled laborer with 488 ranks.
In the skill of forging - brawling weapons, you are a master with 500 ranks.
>
Re: Grand Master Forgers? 12/06/2021 03:29 PM CST
>> As I approach that status, I was wondering how many there are.

No idea honestly. Speelgutz (my dwarven warrior) has mastered them all.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Grand Master Forgers? 12/06/2021 10:20 PM CST
I don't know how many have bothered mastering all the skills. I haven't even started on brawling, but I've mastered all the other weapon types on my warrior. I'll prolly wait til I'm in a level range where I don't like the hunting options to learn brawling...

However many have learned to forge, it seems like there's never more then 3-4 actively producing weapons for sale to others in any given year since I took up forging.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Grand Master Forgers? 12/07/2021 08:26 AM CST
>> However many have learned to forge, it seems like there's never more then 3-4 actively producing weapons for sale to others in any given year since I took up forging.

Generally speaking, the reward isn't worth the time investment to make and sell perfect weapons in the open market. Or maybe said differently, there are many more interesting things I can be doing in-game with my limited game time.

The weapons I do sell in my playershop tend to be the result of work I was doing to produce a weapon for a specific purpose already (I just batch them up and if the RNG is friendly then I have a spare weapon or two to sell).

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Grand Master Forgers? 12/07/2021 11:12 AM CST
<Generally speaking, the reward isn't worth the time investment to make and sell perfect weapons in the open market. Or maybe said differently, there are many more interesting things I can be doing in-game with my limited game time.>

And I'm perfectly happy that the vast majority share this opinion.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Grand Master Forgers? 12/07/2021 04:40 PM CST

I did it but it hasn't been worth anything. I just make mauls to sell mostly.