forging stats boost 11/16/2021 03:00 AM CST
I've been running enhancive stats boosts while in the forge for the last couple months and it seems like it completely tanks my ability to create "best" pieces when forging or perfects when using the vise. It's been taking me twice as long as normal to get enough pieces to burn a Gift of Eonak and most of them come when I forget to activate the stats boost or when it runs out in the middle of a batch and I forget to activate another. I've also had two batches of 13 weapons/hilts I've combined while running a stats boost that failed to produce any perfects...I've only failed to get at least 1 perfect from a batch once before I started using the enhansive boost (usually I get 1 or 2 per batch, occasionally more).

Given the odds of creating a "best" piece or perfect, I know it could just be the laws of probability doing their thing.... but it seems to be more then a coincidence. Has anyone else noticed the same thing or could an NIR peek under the hood to see if there's some sort of bug that kicks in when relevant stats get too high?

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: forging stats boost 11/16/2021 03:06 PM CST
The last forging session I ran about two months back, I changed the enhancives in my AG badge to up stats for forging v.s. combat, and somehow I instantly started getting fewer best pieces during the forging process. I did that for about two days before deciding to return my badge to its original state where I then seemed to get best pieces again more regularly.

It could have been random, like you said, but I too felt there was something wonky with what I was seeing.

-Perigourd's Player.
Re: forging stats boost 11/16/2021 03:55 PM CST
Hhhmmm... I think I should take off my DIS enhansives too.... or at least enough of them to drop it down to 100. It's the only forging stat I have that isn't naturally 100, so I'm wondering if maybe the system's just so old pushing them over that has unintended consequences....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.