rapier forging glyphs 03/22/2021 06:17 PM CDT
could these be added to a town forge somewhere please?
Re: rapier forging glyphs 03/22/2021 08:00 PM CDT
Aren't they sold with the other once-a-year forging stuff at Ebon Gate?

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: rapier forging glyphs 03/22/2021 08:37 PM CDT
<Aren't they sold with the other once-a-year forging stuff at Ebon Gate?>

They are.... rapiers, lances, mauls, and sais are the merchant only glyphs.

Why rapier's are the OHE merchant glyphs are one of many things about forging that makes no sense to me (so few people want rapiers blacksmiths never make them aside from personal projects).... but I really don't care if they're put in a town's shop as long as they don't take a more desirable base to replace it as merchant only. Maybe swap out cutlass or estoc glyphs for the rapier ones...

Though, if they wanted to offer katanas as merchant only glyphs in exchange for putting rapier glyphs in a town somewhere.... make it so.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: rapier forging glyphs 03/25/2021 09:08 PM CDT

Agreed with Starchitin on the rapier glyphs. In all my time forging I’ve had requests for.. 3 rapiers? Still have extra perfects unsold from those.

I get lances and mauls, if we’re sticking to the concept of the most desirable bases. It’d then make sense to switch out rapier and sai for handaxe and morningstar.. Or even better, katanas and naginatas. Put rapier glyphs in a backroom somewhere.

But I’m guessing the root issue (in addition to a complete overhaul of artisan skills) is the need for a ‘rebalancing’ of weapon bases so 50% of them aren’t complete turdsauce. FrRrrrrRrRrrPppp!
Re: rapier forging glyphs 03/25/2021 09:42 PM CDT
<the need for a ‘rebalancing’ of weapon bases so 50% of them aren’t complete turdsauce. FrRrrrrRrRrrPppp!>

Yea.... as it stands there's little reason to make anything other then daggers, handaxes, falchions, morning stars/spikestars, mauls, or lances unless it's a personal project or you get commissioned for something else.

The really rare metals (eonake, rolaren, golvern, and eahnor) are as bad in the other direction in that it's more profitable to just sell the slabs then forge them into weapons...

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: rapier forging glyphs 03/25/2021 10:09 PM CDT
>> The really rare metals (eonake, rolaren, golvern, and eahnor) are as bad in the other direction in that it's more profitable to just sell the slabs then forge them into weapons...

And now it's not even worth buying them when you can do a lesser transmute for 10-20% the cost of forging a rare metal weapon. FrRrrrrRrRrrPppp!
Re: rapier forging glyphs 04/06/2021 06:54 PM CDT

Still have extra perfects unsold from those

If you have perfect rapiers I woul be happy to buy them. Who in game?