Forging: step one? 12/24/2020 05:57 AM CST
Hello everyone, I’m looking to start trying to forge items and I am a bit confused on where to start.

What I have read on the wiki says you need to level crafting before you can start forging, but where do I find information on crafting? What is it even? Is crafting the preparation of the item for forging?

When it comes time to gather materials, is there a vendor? Do I have to craft my own (similar to the iron slab for voln)?

If I plan on crafting a OHB weapon, say a spikestar it says the glyph is located in Zul Logoth. Is this the only place I can craft this item or is there a way to get a glyph to craft it elsewhere?

Any tips or suggestions to help out a beginner would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Forging: step one? 12/24/2020 08:43 AM CST

and … you can check https://gswiki.play.net/Forging

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Forging: step one? 12/24/2020 08:47 AM CST

crafting is the process of making hilts, handles and other 'this is where you hold it' parts of a weapon.
It is also the process used to vise pieces together.

To begin you need a glyph and a material you can order at the forging shop. Wood is preferred when you are just starting, because it is cheap and you will be using a lot of wood.

Hold the material in your left hand, the glyph in your right hand, and 'stare at the <named>' glyph.
This should scribe the image of the glyph onto the material.

Then, put the glyph away, and 'turn grinder'.

Forging handle glyphs are the recommended choice when just starting out. It gets you familiar with the process, and you get used to holding the handle of a forging-hammer. Also, the glyph is free, and is found hanging in the crafting workshop, so you don't have to hold it when staring at it.

If you're only practicing grinding for now, this is where you stop, Throw the piece in the barrel or bin in the crafting room, and repeat.

It will seem like a long process, but you will find that you have benefited from other master forgers having gone before you. They found ways to make the process faster and easier to learn from.

(Thank the recent GM updates for that, they reduced the round-time that went with the crafting and forging commands.)

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Forging: step one? 12/24/2020 09:24 AM CST
Thank you Clunk, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I’m going to give it a try tonight.