warsword glyphs 09/14/2020 06:42 AM CDT
Is there something broken with warsword glyphs?

Granted, I know forging with vultite is more difficult then most other metals and the weight needed doesn't help either.... but I've gone through ~35-40 attempts since last Wed and haven't gotten a single best blade.

I get that what I'm working on is at the upper end of forging difficulty and the RNG can be a $%^@!.... but this is getting ridiculous.... and frustrating considering each blade takes an hour to make.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: warsword glyphs 09/14/2020 05:26 PM CDT
All my leftover 2# slab pieces go towards daggers, quarterstaves and main gauches.....out of the last 4-5 dozen attempts last week, zero were best pieces.

Usually I get a best piece every 12-15 slabs. I was expecting to see at least 2 at a minimum and upwards of 8 if I was really lucky. Perhaps this time around I was extremely unlucky with the RNG???

I know how irritating it is to work on a THW with metal that has long RTs and a blade that needs 5+ hammer sessions....the paltry reward of finally crafting a perfect blade is a cool feeling, but overall it's not very exciting mechanically. An hour or more per blade is daunting and stupidly frustrating when 30+ attemps gives no beneficial results.
Re: warsword glyphs 09/18/2020 09:35 PM CDT
Thanks for posting about these situations. I doubt that anything's changed within the system, but it never hurts to check. I'll try to do some digging into these within the next day or three.

- Mikos
Re: warsword glyphs 09/19/2020 01:25 AM CDT
Thanks, Mikos. I should note that I finally got a couple best vultite blades from the glyph on the 17th.... and got a couple more best vaalorn blades after that. I know it was probably well with-in the realm of probability considering what I was working on, but I've never had a bad streak like that since I started forging so it got me seriously wondering while I was in the middle of that it.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: warsword glyphs 10/06/2020 05:07 PM CDT
You guys who forge regularly are impressive. I mastered enough skills, and crafted just enough to make my own perfect vultite warsword, and then never stepped in the forge again. This was years ago.

It would have been insanely cheaper to just buy one, but I'm stubborn.
Re: warsword glyphs 10/06/2020 05:38 PM CDT
<It would have been insanely cheaper to just buy one, but I'm stubborn.>

I dunno who yer buying perfects from for less then it costs them to make.... but snatch up every last one you can.

Starchitin, the OG

Re: warsword glyphs 10/06/2020 06:50 PM CDT
>> I dunno who yer buying perfects from for less then it costs them to make.... but snatch up every last one you can.

If you factor in all the time, expense, and effort to first master the required forging skills and then to make ONE perfect blade, after which you are done with the skill... It definitely would have been an easier route just to buy the blade instead.

Mind you... I'd still make my own blade as well! :p

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: warsword glyphs 10/06/2020 07:58 PM CDT
> If you factor in all the time, expense, and effort to first master the required forging skills and then to make ONE perfect blade

Exactly. Master Smithing (or whatever), plus master one-handed Edge, and master two-handed in my case to make a warsword (bastard sword base). That was a WAY more time and money than just the 4 mill or so to buy one.
Re: warsword glyphs 10/07/2020 04:10 AM CDT
I guess for just one blade, yer right... didn't think about it that way.

Speaking of bastard swords, I have a perfect vaalorn bastard sword in my (Sixle's) RR shop if you need another :)

Starchitin, the OG