forging weaponry 08/10/2020 11:58 AM CDT

we in the realm of forging, really need an update to our forging. I outlined some changes that some of us would like to see, a while ago. Either the coding was too difficult or they were not interested in the changes. I have ideas to make forging much better and MUCH more viable. Yet none of the powers that be choose to listen.

We would love to ...
1. Choose the weapon name from the list of alternate names https://gswiki.play.net/List_of_alternative_weapon_names
2. Have the ability to re-use old materials, like the non-perfect blade that people usually just pawn.
3. Gain a faster progression thru the ranks of weapons when you master other types. Like gaining an additional final roll on a blade (or vise) or every type mastered.
4. Be able to create better weapons than before. The wizards/sorcerers/monks/bards gather essence to improve their craft, why cant forgers.

Khazaann Colquhoun - House of the Rising Phoenix/House Daingneach Onoir / Order of the Silver Gryphon

In the skill of forging - crafting, you are a master with 500 ranks.
In the skill of forging - one handed edged, you are a master with 500 ranks.
In the skill of forging - one handed blunt, you are a master with 500 ranks.
In the skill of forging - two handed weapons, you are a master with 500 ranks.
In the skill of forging - brawling weapons, you are a skilled laborer with 345 ranks and counting
Re: forging weaponry 08/10/2020 12:04 PM CDT

this post ...

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Combat,%20Magic,%20and%20Character%20Mechanics/Artisan%20Skills/view/60
Re: forging weaponry 08/10/2020 12:08 PM CDT
<The wizards/sorcerers/monks/bards gather essence to improve their craft, why cant forgers.>

Oh good gods no.... it's bad enough the changes to enchanting made it more expensive to get wizards to enchant weapons I make up to 4x then I can add on to the price, the last thing I need is to spend endless hours hunting in addition to the endless hours in the forge.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: forging weaponry 08/10/2020 02:14 PM CDT

awww, isn't that a shame. you'd have to work harder to fill your bank.

if warriors had more silver to get enchants, you would make out better.
Re: forging weaponry 08/10/2020 03:23 PM CDT
Rogues got that lock pick repair thing once a month.

Maybe warriors can get a once a month improve weapon that allows them to make a superior weapon into a perfect weapon.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: forging weaponry 08/10/2020 06:39 PM CDT

superior/hefty weapons are rare.

Nobody wants a perfect -1.

I cant give them away.
Re: forging weaponry 08/10/2020 06:45 PM CDT
>> superior/hefty weapons are rare.

I still sell these out of my shop at some regularity with a 4x enchant. At least until my current stock of these runs out.

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: forging weaponry 08/10/2020 11:20 PM CDT
<awww, isn't that a shame. you'd have to work harder to fill your bank.>

Sure, forging brings in a steady stream of silvers. However, I can make more hunting with any of my characters. So if I didn't enjoy seeing things I made go on to become the basis for project pieces that become treasured items, I wouldn't do it.

It costs more then twice as much to make a weapon then that weapon can be sold at the pawnshop for. On average, it costs almost 2 million silver to produce a perfect vultite weapon (not including the cost of renting the forge or buying wood blocks). I sell perfect vultite weapons in my shop for 4 million silvers when I have them, meaning I'm making a profit of 2 million silvers.... I can easily make more then that hunting in the 30-60 hours I spent in the forge making that weapon, esp if I'm hunting with my sorcerer that can also ensorcell. This holds up for every metal other then the ones so rare most blacksmiths will never get ahold of enough to produce a perfect out of them.

So your attempted mockery falls flat.

<I cant give them away.>

Another victim of the enchanting changes. It used to be that wizards would enchant weapons up to 4x for not much more then the cost of the potions or buy superiors/perfects and enchant them up themselves. Heck, once I got my shop I stopped getting wizards to enchant my perfects cause they'd buy them to enchant and resell, saving me the hassle. It was actually kinda cool seeing weapons with my warrior's crafting mark in 3-4 other people's shops.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.