forging hammers 02/14/2019 11:24 PM CST
Has anyone ever used a forging hammer made out of one of the flaring metals?

I'm getting bored of my mithril one and need to get rid of a bunch of drakar/rhimar/etc and thought I'd kill two birds with one stone, but want to make sure the flaring metals don't behave unexpectedly due to their special properties....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: forging hammers 02/15/2019 09:51 AM CST
You only need a magic metal hammer to be able to forge magic metals, it won't matter what magic metal you use for the head. People tend to use mithril just because it's the cheapest.

If you have unwanted gornar, rhimar or zorchar slabs you don't want, I'll bee happy to take them off your hands. You can just use my play.net to toss an email my way.
Re: forging hammers 02/26/2019 02:56 PM CST
Yes! My master forging dwarf uses "a massive eonake-runed drakar forging-hammer." I've noticed no mechanical difference, though the idea of having a fire flaring hammer to get the metal extra hot was exactly why I made it. I would LOVE to see small benefits added for different hammer metals. I've been considering trying for an eonake one :-D