warhammers 01/17/2019 11:36 AM CST
Grrr... why the heck are warhammer handles so bleeding difficult to get best pieces on! Every other weapon I've made the hilts/handles are the easy part but I swear I make 4 best warhammer heads in the time it takes me to make 1 best warhammer handle.

Been at the grinders for HOURS trying to make one last best handle so I can burn a gift and the game just isn't having it.... once I'm done with the three heads I've got I'm ditching my warhammer glyphs and never making another one.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: warhammers 01/17/2019 11:41 AM CST
>Grrr... why the heck are warhammer handles so bleeding difficult to get best pieces on! Every other weapon I've made the hilts/handles are the easy part but I swear I make 4 best warhammer heads in the time it takes me to make 1 best warhammer handle.

I can't comment on war hammers.

Mauls, I had 3 slabs of razern of various weights, so I hammered out maybe 8 or 9 maul heads in total. Out of those 8, 4 were best pieces. I think I had to grind out about a hundred handles before I got 4 best pieces.

Other times, I spit out 4, 5 or sometimes 6 best handles in one hour and I have to hammer out 50+ heads/blades to get even 1 best. It goes both ways. It's just more noticeable when it happens on the handles because they take significantly less time to try and make when compared to heads/blades.
Re: warhammers 01/17/2019 11:42 AM CST
<You nod, satisfied with the piece you've created.>

...and that messaging is the most aggravating part.... if I'd made a piece I was satisfied with I'd be done grinding by now!

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: warhammers 01/17/2019 11:49 AM CST
<It goes both ways. It's just more noticeable when it happens on the handles because they take significantly less time to try and make when compared to heads/blades.>

I make all my blades/heads into full weapons just to turn a small profit at the pawn with the well-made/superior ones rather then loosing money, I just set aside the best hilts/handles and blades/heads to combine with gifts when I have enough. I've got a stockpile of best hilts/handles for all the other weapons I make but war hammers just never seem to want to make best handles.

Starchitin, the OG

Re: warhammers 01/17/2019 02:10 PM CST
FINALLY got that last haft and just in time to combine them all without having to pay for another hour in the forge!

Only got one perfect out of that lot, but it was one of the white ora war-hammers so I won't have the urge to go back on my declaration that I won't touch that weapon-type again :)

Now if I can just remember who it was that was looking to buy a perfect white-ora war-hammer so I can see if they're still looking for one.... not that I think I'll have a difficult time selling it regardless....

Starchitin, the OG