Slab weights 01/16/2019 03:43 AM CST
Working on a table to add to the wiki that lists the various weapons and how much of each metal is needed to make them. I'd rather not put it up with nothing but blank spaces for most of the weapon types, so if you have a character that forges THW, Polearms, Brawling, or the two hybrid weapons I'd appreciate it if you could either post or email to my play.net how much of the different metals you have are needed for the weapon types you make.

My warrior is mastered in OHE and blunt, so I can get a lot of those but if someone wants to save me a trip to EN/Zul I'll gladly take any values for the glyphs only available in those towns you have as well.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Slab weights 01/16/2019 06:28 PM CST

This is a massive undertaking.

>>so if you have a character that forges THW, Polearms, Brawling, or the two hybrid weapons

If you are seeking to find the amount needed of each metal, get the glyph and the metal, and use the command "measure >glyph<".
You will get a nice message back indicating the minimum amount of that metal needed.

You will also save on the amount of metal in comparison to a trial and error approach and be able to better plan the usage of your slabs (or bars).

That said, katar blades take three pounds when using imflass, vultite or one of the +5 flaring metals, and four pounds for kelyn.
Sai's seem to be on the light end, using two pounds each for invar. Most of the blades are fairly common, so you may want to consider buying the wax form of the glyphs and doing a whole lot of measuring on whatever slabs you have. No need to stare them out into glyphs.

Maybe I'll get energetic some day, and fill in a color chart showing the color of the sparks for each type of forging metal. I have colors recorded and verified for all but golvern, veil iron, eonake and iron. Colors are recorded but not verified for eonake and veil iron. I also have not learned any shortcuts to learning colors other than working the material, or asking someone who has.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Slab weights 01/16/2019 09:15 PM CST
<If you are seeking to find the amount needed of each metal, get the glyph and the metal, and use the command "measure >glyph<".>

Yer, that's what I've always done. I figured people that already forge other weapon bases would know the weights needed for the metals they commonly use or have the glyphs already to check if they were feeling generous.

I got an email with a bunch of weights and yours will help too, in addition to the ones I can provide myself. The table won't be complete by any means when I put it up... the challenge will be putting it up in a way that as many as possible are comfortable filling in the blanks they can. With as many weapon types and metals as there are it'll be difficult to make easily editable and just with the numbers I have it looks like there are enough weapon types with outlier weights for various metals that combining anything other then the flaring metals would be a mistake.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.