Forging with Logic 01/14/2019 07:57 PM CST
So does the Logic bonus only apply to your chance to learn a rank when forging? or does it also increase your chance of making a best piece?

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Forging with Logic 01/14/2019 09:56 PM CST
Per the wiki, LOGIC only plays a factor in learning ranks. The ONLY thing per the wiki that affects your chance to make an exceptional piece (perfect) is a 1-100 RNG vs. (the applicable Forging skill/50), and so the max possible is a 10% chance. LOGIC doesn't even play a factor in the vise/grinder steps either per the wiki.

https://gswiki.play.net/Forging
Re: Forging with Logic 01/15/2019 02:27 AM CST
Gift of Eonak will give you a second roll and use the better of the two in determining the outcome when using the vise (it's supposed to help in the forge and on the grinder too, but I believe there's something wonky in the code that prevents it from working there). Because of the rather short duration of the gift, it's best to save a bunch of best pieces and combine them all at once with the gift active (I can usually get through 8-9 if my script doesn't hang up on me).

Other then this, there isn't a way to increase your chances of getting a best piece, though.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Forging with Logic 01/15/2019 06:42 PM CST
>>Gift of Eonak will give you a second roll and use the better of the two in determining the outcome when using the vise (it's supposed to help in the forge and on the grinder too, but I believe there's something wonky in the code that prevents it from working there). Because of the rather short duration of the gift, it's best to save a bunch of best pieces and combine them all at once with the gift active (I can usually get through 8-9 if my script doesn't hang up on me).

Clunk saves to have ten tries with best pieces per gift of Eonak.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Forging with Logic 01/16/2019 03:24 AM CST
<Clunk saves to have ten tries with best pieces per gift of Eonak.>

Oh, I def make sure I have more pieces then I think I can get through ready to go and on me.... not much worse then finishing your last one with a minute thirty seconds left on the gift.

Now if only some of this razern I have would produce some best pieces that aren't daggers I could burn one of the three gifts I have banked....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Forging with Logic 01/16/2019 05:12 AM CST
Thanks for all the answers

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""