Armor and the professions... 01/31/2022 03:38 PM CST
So, who's supposed to wear chain based armor these days since rogues don't gain any cman benefit potential from wearing it? Which does irk me, since my thief now rogue has been wearing chain based armor since before everyone at simu was staff but GM Modrin.

Do rangers or bards gain access to chain armor mastery? I know warriors do but no warrior once they can get into plate wears chain. I'm just at a loss and frustrated that the other square profession (rogues) don't gain access to chain armor mastery.

Re: Armor and the professions... 01/31/2022 03:44 PM CST
I think that Rogues should likely be in scale or chain, depending on what they're facing.
And I think that Rogues should also get access to Chain Mastery.

I believe most Bards have AsG15/augmented chain as an eventual goal, or--assuming the Bard List Rewrite (and its reduced chain armor penalties) ever comes to pass--even possibly hauberk. Hitting up a friendly paladin for Fluidity would help a bunch there, too.
I have been wearing AsG2/soft leather to this point, since I wanted the minimal hindrance[*] with head-to-toe coverage, because I was ALSO wearing a greathelm (head/neck coverage), two aventails [neck coverage], and one each arm- and leg-greaves. Accessories, if they happen to be Enhancive, never crumble...

Pretty sure it is "Modrian".

[*] Even with "a mere two percent!" chance of armor hindrance, I routinely see back-to-back results. I think they're about evenly split between 1/1, 1/2, and 2/2. But the number of times that I do see consecutive "fail!" from the armor is ridiculous.
Re: Armor and the professions... 02/01/2022 02:59 AM CST
Only semis wear armor these days. Sell your chain to a ranger or bard before they get moved to robes too!

My chain is only 5x with a bit of fluff, so I'm stuck with it.
Re: Armor and the professions... 02/01/2022 08:40 AM CST
@Rathboner LOL! That makes perfect sense. ;)